Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: POTP Wave 2 Deluxe news

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    You're not the only one. Lirizen spotted wave 2 at Target in Victoria last month.
    Could of been a Mirage.

The only mirage i have heard about is in war for cybertron

At Big W, where I’ve seen a bit of wave 2, I often count how many POTP Deluxes are on the shelves and then take one to service and ask how many they have. If the discrepancy is large, I ask them to check out the back.

I had a strange experience with this at North Lakes. She happily helped by looking them up, but she did say that supposedly POTP deluxes are end-of-life and they won’t be getting any more. But inversely, Titans Return Deluxes WERE NOT end-of-life. So, take from that what you will. Maybe it just means that Wave 1 is end-of-life. That would be nice. But it could also mean that POTP is winding down before it finishes. That would not be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Rippersnapper and Darkwind (and Slag) are part of wave 4 which is the final wave with new figures. I guess a wave 5 might be a repeat wave with Snarl and Sludge and I’d guess Swoop (Ideally red-brested Swoop!) and Dreadwind. Maybe the other wave 3 deluxes and one of the fembots as an assortment of 8 x 1 each
    According to a listing on Entertainment Earth, a wave that follows Novastar in wave 4, is being listed as a revision of wave 2 for December, that has two of each of Sludge, Snarl, Blackwing and Moonracer.
    This could possibly be the November assortment noted by Hasbro Australia in the first post of this news topic... which they expect to get here, but obviously can't be guaranteed if retailers don't want any more by then.

So even though we had limited stock of wave 2 (as did most of the world), we could see the five wave 2 toys coming later... IF we get the next two cases of POTP Deluxes (a big IF, as retailers here will now be focusing on Movie toys for the rest of the year).

The waves, with new toys listed first...
    Wave 1 - Jazz, Swoop, Slag/Slug, Dreadwing.
    Wave 2 - Rippersnapper, Sludge, Snarl, Moonracer, Blackwing
    Wave 3 - Sinnertwin, Cutthroat, Blot, Jazz
    Wave 4 - Novastar, Rippersnapper, Slag/Slug, Blackwing
    Wave 2r1 - Sludge, Snarl, Moonracer, Blackwing.

That would leave Swoop and Dreadwing not being re-released in the later waves... but apparently there might also be solid cases of each of those two (according to the Seibertron link), for any Retailers wanting the full POTP Deluxe range in store over Christmas. (unlikely to be here though)
    Last edited by griffin; 17th September 2018 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks for the update Griffin, Hopefully Australia will still receive the wave 5. Getting tired of running around to get Snarl and Sludge.

What actually annoys me most, isn't so much the stores, but Hasbro's ridiculous team-splitting. They first did this in wave 1 of the Combiner Wars series (3 Aerialbots and a lone Stunticon) but then fixed it for the later waves from memory - they even went on record as saying it was silly of them, and that they'd try not to do it again since they understood how frustrating it is for fans and kids.

Then here we are, with 2 teams spread over three waves? What the hell, such a stupid move.

And while we're at it, even more stupid that none of the combiners in this series are even advertised as combiners??? That's a really -brave- marketing decision right there.

I've got my Dinos and Terrorcons, but went online to get them - I'd much rather support bricks and mortar where possible, but they don't make it easy...

Next up, it'll be the 'trying to find Lockdown and Jazz' saga.

From what i read on the internet a possible reason why wave 1 of combiner wars had Dragstrip and not Air Raid was some sort of engineering/technical issue.

And another possible reason based on something else i read was that they would not release a similar mold at the same time (like they would not release potp Slug and potp Sludge or cw Skydive and cw Airraid at the same time)