Page 405 of 467 FirstFirst ... 385395400401402403404405406407408409410415425 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Anybody on here experienced in Xbox One faults/repairs?
    I have a First Edition console that I bought on day one of the launch. It is not a "Day One" but it is the first version. It is shutting itself down after a minute of being on, it makes the shut down noise etc. I don't believe it is overheating as the console itself is fairly cool. The power brick has some dust in it and I have blown that out with "air in a can", the little cooling fan in the power brick is working but I am not sure what to do.
    I have access to another brick if needed to trial that but just wondering if anyone has a thought or has gone through the same experience with their console.

Really would like to chuck it in the ocean and upgrade to an X but not sure what the trade in prices are like at EB etc. I could just trade it in as a working console, but I wouldn't sell privately.
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffinetron View Post
    Anybody on here experienced in Xbox One faults/repairs?
    I have a First Edition console that I bought on day one of the launch. It is not a "Day One" but it is the first version. It is shutting itself down after a minute of being on, it makes the shut down noise etc. I don't believe it is overheating as the console itself is fairly cool. The power brick has some dust in it and I have blown that out with "air in a can", the little cooling fan in the power brick is working but I am not sure what to do.
    I have access to another brick if needed to trial that but just wondering if anyone has a thought or has gone through the same experience with their console.

Really would like to chuck it in the ocean and upgrade to an X but not sure what the trade in prices are like at EB etc. I could just trade it in as a working console, but I wouldn't sell privately.
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    You're most likely out of any warranty from Microsoft but it's still worth calling them up and seeing what they can do for you. EB Games does trade in non-working consoles, but I'm sure they will give you a pittance for a non-working Xbox One. The Xbox One has become so cheap now to buy new that even a working Xbox One S doesn't trade for much.

So this afternoon I had my brother in law bring his power brick round and we plugged it in and after about 20minutes it did the same thing so I now know it ain’t the power brick.
    I’ve been looking around at deals available and it seems the One S is the way to go as I already have an external 1TB plugged in with my games on it. Has anyone on here got a One X and what are your thoughts. Are they vastly superior?
    Time to look for repairers or to just rip it apart myself.

I have the Project Scorpio edition.

I recommend getting the X over the S unless you can't afford an X. It's a much better experience even at 1080p due to higher frame rates, less stutter and supersampling.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffinetron View Post
    So this afternoon I had my brother in law bring his power brick round and we plugged it in and after about 20minutes it did the same thing so I now know it ain’t the power brick.
    I’ve been looking around at deals available and it seems the One S is the way to go as I already have an external 1TB plugged in with my games on it. Has anyone on here got a One X and what are your thoughts. Are they vastly superior?
    Time to look for repairers or to just rip it apart myself.
    Best idea is to get a PC. There is no point of having an Xbox if you have a PC as it will give you a far superior experience with the same games. You will be able to use literally EVERY controller ever made and plugs into any display including a TV. You will find that '1080p' will be considered low graphics mode and 60fps will be the base line not the goal.

Anything, anything at all breaks, you will be able to replace it yourself fairly cheap and it will last you over 5 years before you need upgrading. When that time comes, it will cost you less than the next gen console of the time but far superior. Games are usually a third of the price and generally far superior when it comes to graphics and sound.

Then there is the flexibility - You want to play on your bed or use your phone as a second screen? You can. Stream the gameplay to your phone! You can still use your preferred controller - Similar to the PS4 Remote play but with more flexible settings.

I personally also own a PS4 and a switch for the exclusives and the play anywhere nature of the latter. I don't own an Xbox because it lacks a good exclusive library and even 'Project Scorpio' is just a cut down PC.

The only down side of the PC is that it is not for the 'layman'.

Just saying "get a PC" isn't right for everyone.

What if you have a back catalogue of Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One games you like to play? What if you want to play something like the Halo or Red Dead games that's not available on PC? What if you like the Xbox ecosystem? What about the fact that just the video card (RX 580) for a PC that performs the same as the Xbox One X cost the same as the Xbox One X console?

I have all the consoles and a high end PC, they all have strengths and weaknesses and no one platform is right for everyone.

Yeah I just can't fathom selling everything and starting all over again.
    I did this years ago when I bought an xbox 360 first gen. I sold everything relating to my PS2 to change to Xbox. As Delta said, I have back catalogue that I like to play etc. I also have a PC but it is not fit for gaming, just use it for general browsing, documents and working from home when I can. I also have a 360 s Kinect that has worked perfectly since I bought it so I am a bit bummed my newer console has frizzed.
    I can get a trade on my One at EB and buy a One S 500G for $190 so I will do that, just trying to sell a couple of impulse buys to pay for the Xbox One S so hopefully I can get it soon.
    Thanks for your input though, really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Just saying "get a PC" isn't right for everyone.

What if you have a back catalogue of Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One games you like to play? What if you want to play something like the Halo or Red Dead games that's not available on PC? What if you like the Xbox ecosystem? What about the fact that just the video card (RX 580) for a PC that performs the same as the Xbox One X cost the same as the Xbox One X console?

I have all the consoles and a high end PC, they all have strengths and weaknesses and no one platform is right for everyone.
    I agree with this. It's the incorrect answer alone based on price alone. I have a PS4 and a Switch and both of them combined cost way less than a comparable PC setup for me. Not to mention the portability of the Switch and the exclusive games for both that I enjoy. If you've already got a PC and are upgrading components then that's a completely different story but assuming that a PC is for everyone is a mistake.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

This could technically go in the PC hardware thread, but building a PC is ridiculously expensive right now, especially with video cards. Crypto mining appears to be creating a shortage of GPUs and there hasn’t been a drop in prices that we would expect right now. I’m eyeing off a GTX 1070 and they’re stilll in the $800 zone.

I don’t expect Nvidia’s next lineup in the coming months to help with dropping prices.

Yeah I’ve been keeping an eye out too... just going to keep my 1060 chugging along for now