Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like we might be back

Well, the good news (other than being back online again) is that it has been upgraded to the latest version of this messageboard, which means a heap of new frills and features to play with (like embedding youtube videos now).... the bad news, is that since it is now a much newer version of the messageboard software, all of the customised elements of the old board were incompatible, so it's reverted back to a very boring default format. As such, it will take a while to play around with the visual elements and other settings (it took me over an hour just to work out how to get our banner logo back up)... because the old image files are gone, and I still don't have easy access to the new server's ftp.
    And I have no idea how to get rid of that stupid "debugging info" box that shows up at the bottom of every screen... the terms just don't exist, so I can't find it anywhere to get rid of it or hide it.

Also, it looks like the server host didn't capture/transfer the board's database from when it was shut down on the 21st, as the last posts before today are on the 15th... so we are missing everything posted between Saturday 15 until Friday 21st (and typically, my last downloading of the database was the 13th, so I can't even make up for some of that lost time with one of my downloads).
    Even though traffic has been light lately due to all of the time we've been offline lately, it will mean people have lost some PMs and postings, and maybe some sales postings as well... and I have to look over the various info-postings to see if any of them are missing an update (I can't remember which ones I did during that week).
    Could have been worse I guess, as it is only a week missing... we could have lost months, or everything.

welcome back everyone!

Thanks for all of your efforts Griffin to keep this great place up and running.

At least we?re back.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Good to be back. Hope all of this hasn't been to stressful for you griffin. I look forward to checking out all the new features.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    And I have no idea how to get rid of that stupid "debugging info" box that shows up at the bottom of every screen... the terms just don't exist, so I can't find it anywhere to get rid of it or hide it.
    You may need to edit your site config file or ask the host to...

https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/debug_mode

just change the end of the line to false

Thank you Griffin for doing your best to keep this board going despite the technical issues.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Don?t forget that several of us deal with websites as our job - so call out for help if you want us to look under the hood.

Considering we only lost a few days of post and have to put up with a few graphics and text issues I guess things went relatively ok because they could have been much, much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    You may need to edit your site config file or ask the host to...

https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/debug_mode

just change the end of the line to false
    Okay... I'll see if I can access that, as I still only have limited access to the hosted files.
    Thanks.

Question to all - has the email notifications element been restored?