Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hall of Fame Official Nominations are Up.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    So what's the dilly with this Sky-Byte character? Why is he so well loved? Just curious, never heard of him really.
    Believe he is from the RiD series. Megatrons crashed ship served as a base on the moon. It was a mash up of dcons and pcons, using bw molds.

Voting BW Megatron
    Otherwise arcee to get a fembot in.

So what's the dilly with this Sky-Byte character? Why is he so well loved? Just curious, never heard of him really.
    You kinda need to watch RiD to understand, but here's the TFwiki entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Believe he is from the RiD series. Megatrons crashed ship served as a base on the moon. It was a mash up of dcons and pcons, using bw molds.

Um... I think your brain made up the moon bit.

Sky-Byte is truly a unique Transformer. He is a poet at heart who writes haikus and sings songs with his own made-up lyrics. He has Lugnut's loyalty and desire to please Megatron, yet always fails miserably. He is a Predacon and hates and is always trying to discredit the Decepticons (Scourge and the Commandos) because Megatron likes them better. Once he did an online 'fish personality test' to help him 'identify his inner fish' that told him he was a 'jellyfish' and tried to disprove it. He believes in horoscopes. Once he held humans hostage but they thought he was a hero who was trying to save them, and so that's what he ended up doing. And so on and so forth. Sky-Byte is just so different to every other Transformer that he is beloved by the fandom who watched Robots In Disguise when it was on. And as such, Sky-Byte is a master of disguise:

VOTE SKY-BYTE!

Thanks for the info guys.

Quote Originally Posted by tfwiki
    Sky-Byte is in charge of the Predacon lackeys Dark Scream, Gas Skunk and Slapper.
    Slapper. Did I just read that right? Is it best buddies with slag? And does it go out with Dropkick? I really need to give this RiD series a go.

EDIT: Thanks for the great reply Sky Shadow, I'm very much intruiged now! Can you recommend any eps to get a good feel for his character?

EDIT: Thanks for the great reply Sky Shadow, I'm very much intruiged now! Can you recommend any eps to get a good feel for his character?
    Off the top of my head - The Fish Test, Sky-Byte Saves the Day, Koji Gets His Wish, Skid Z's Choice, Commandos and Tow-Line Goes Haywire are all great Sky-Byte episodes.

I just checked to see if they were on YouTube and have already started to get sucked in to rewatching them. There goes my day!

I'm already laughing out loud. This is such a great show.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Off the top of my head - The Fish Test, Sky-Byte Saves the Day, Koji Gets His Wish, Skid Z's Choice, Commandos and Tow-Line Goes Haywire are all great Sky-Byte episodes.

I just checked to see if they were on YouTube and have already started to get sucked in to rewatching them. There goes my day!

I'm already laughing out loud. This is such a great show.
    You're a legend mate. Right, time to get some hooch and snacks and get stuck into it. Thanks for the hook-up!

I'd watch An Explosive Situation as well since it's his debut episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
    Oh god Rattrap being related to Arcee is canon now.
    When wasn't it canon?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Voting BW Megatron
    Otherwise arcee to get a fembot in.
    Awesome dude, I'm glad too that inevitably Arcee's placement in the Hall of Fame is guaranteed.

It's quite a nice line-up this year, there has been some despair over Swindle and Minerva not making the list (Swindle being tainted and Minerva basically being an unknown) and I'm not surprised that Devastator and Unicron weren't 'Officially' short-listed either; I am surprised by Rodimus though and Sky-Byte?... Well, at least he's a Predacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    When wasn't it canon?
    I always saw it as a throwaway expression that wasn't meant to have a literal meaning... like saying "bob's your uncle"... but it was picked up on by some fans, and support for it being real has snowballed it into canon.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I always saw it as a throwaway expression that wasn't meant to have a literal meaning... like saying "bob's your uncle"... but it was picked up on by some fans, and support for it being real has snowballed it into canon.
    I've always assumed it was cannon; Ever since hearing it as a kid, I never even considered the thought of it being a throw away line like 'Bob's your Uncle'...
    (Now I'm scared! )