View Poll Results: GEN Goldfire - Worth buying?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 33.33%
  • Only if cheap

5 27.78%
  • Only if (other)

3 16.67%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

4 22.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Goldfire

For people who have him, what are your thoughts on the mold for Nightbeat as revealed in today's Toyfair pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    For people who have him, what are your thoughts on the mold for Nightbeat as revealed in today's Toyfair pics?
    Can't wait. I actually quite like this mould a lot. It's all round pretty good IMO.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Hmm... Jazz would've been a more suitable alt mode, but Goldfire does seem to make a less-unsuitable robot mode. And Goldfire doesn't have the issue with the chest not locking in properly like on the Jazz mould, so that's a plus IMO.

I welcome this Generations Nightbeat in hope that a Minerva redeco is down the track. Eh!

I find the transformation really simplistic. Compared to the original CHUG figures and even against current figures like Skids, Waspinator and Megatron its a really brainless transformation. However I do like the way he clips together really strongly in car mode. I have always wanted a Goldbug so this fills in well as my classicverse Goldbug. Hence not really interested in the Bumblebee mold.

I'm also annoyed about how the weapons just stick on the outside of the car. What happened to the philosophy in the original CHUG line of hiding the weapons in the alt mode?
    "I am Supreme" [Magneto]

Meh, not a fan of this mould. I got him as I was getting the rest of the wave but otherwise I could live without him.