View Poll Results: First Edition Optimus - worth buying?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 8.11%
  • Only if...

5 13.51%
  • Not worth it

8 21.62%
  • Not even interested

21 56.76%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - First Edition TF4 Optimus Prime

The fuel-tanks and smokestacks would come off as two parts, that are then folded up and joined to form his gun.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...1246845464.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The fuel-tanks and smokestacks would come off as two parts, that are then folded up and joined to form his gun.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...1246845464.jpg
    I feel so stupid, when I first got it I was like. Wow, mine are cracked, great, least I only paid $40-50 for it or w/e it was. Then I saw on the box it looked cracked too. I could never figure out why. Amazing, time to go have a play with him.

Thanks so much, even though I absolutely love this figure. I now have a new found love towards him.

Like griffin said.
    Here's DotM Leader Optimus Prime w/ his gun:

It was originally a feature of ROTF Buster Optimus Prime (which was sold here in a 2-pack w/ Jetfire in Kmart )

Took me a moment to figure out how it worked. But it's a pretty cool little feature. One heck of a weird transformation though

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    I feel so stupid, when I first got it I was like. Wow, mine are cracked, great, least I only paid $40-50 for it or w/e it was. Then I saw on the box it looked cracked too. I could never figure out why. Amazing, time to go have a play with him.

Thanks so much, even though I absolutely love this figure. I now have a new found love towards him.
    Don't feel stupid, we got a whole topic about things people found out about their toys years later.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Don't feel stupid, we got a whole topic about things people found out about their toys years later.
    Just started reading that thread the other day. Has some awesome things I never knew in it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    DOTM Leader Optimus Prime is my favourite -- he retains some of the nice changes from Buster Optimus Prime (i.e. tanks detach and combine to form the gun) and does away with the cumbersome flip out blades, but for me I really like how they reduced the size of the "ribs" (the two red bits under the windscreen pecs) which was always a more fiddly part of transforming ROTF OP back to truck mode (I often spent more time working on those panels than on transforming the rest of the toy!) But either way, between TF1, ROTF and DOTM we've seen each Leader Optimus Prime toy becoming better than its predecessor. This clearly hasn't been the case w/ AoE.

Looking at images of Generations Leader AOE Optimus Prime and comparing it with First Edition AOE Optimus Prime... I don't know if either one offers a substantial advantage over the other. For each plus that one has over the other, I can see a minus.

I can't tell which toy is inherently better or worse than the other... just take your pick (and maybe go for the cheapest option? )
    FE looks more proportionate to me, the Generation toy's head is a bit big.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I voted only if...
    you are a movie toy or optimus prime completionist.

I personally have no need for it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I don't have it and don't want it. All that chrome is just awful. Looks cheap and hollow if a video review is anything to go by. Truck mode looks good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I don't have it and don't want it. All that chrome is just awful. Looks cheap and hollow if a video review is anything to go by. Truck mode looks good though.
    The Truck mode does look good... But that backpack & chrome, I am not a fan