Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heads up for those looking for Detolf alternatives

Default Heads up for those looking for Detolf alternatives

So the Ikea Detolf recently dropped to AU$129. Better, but still a complete rip off compared to the US$64.99 price in the States.

On Saturday, 23 August, Aldi is offering its Sohl Furniture Glass Cabinet. It's next to identical, except comes with a lockable door and two keys for $99.99.

Dimensions: 42.5 (W) x 36.5 (D) x 161 (H) cm, 40kg.

Detolf: 43 (W) x 37 (D) x 163 (H) cm, 40.7kg.

Can't speak for the quality, but can't see how it'd be any worse than the Detolf.

Great.....if you have an Aldi in your state. though Ikea has been known to sell their Detolfs for $99 also as that's what I paid for 4 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Great.....if you have an Aldi in your state. though Ikea has been known to sell their Detolfs for $99 also as that's what I paid for 4 of them.
    Were they on special, or did you wrangle a bargain as you bought four?

I was about to make a post about this! I currently have 3 and have been waiting 12 months for them to come back around since i live nowhere near an ikea. heres a pic
    [IMG][/IMG]

They look quite nice don't they? Is that silver trim around the edges standard or an addition?

that's how they come, i believe detolfs don't have edging but it does give a nice place to hide lighting

Drats and me without a car grrrr. 40 kg, hmmmm this would take me 2 trips I guess just to buy 2... if I'm lucky to grab one. Seems there's a lot of people who's gonna buy this and stocks are usually limited per store. hand truck it is then....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Jilm101 View Post
    I was about to make a post about this! I currently have 3 and have been waiting 12 months for them to come back around since i live nowhere near an ikea. heres a pic
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Looks like they changed the design to be closer to the Detolf!

Saw it in the catalogue, looks really good. Hoping to get one.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I have two of these, the quality is nowhere near the Deltof and looks cheap up close but it does the job well. I'd argue the Deltof is better value for money however an extra $30 over multiple cabinets adds up to quite a bit of savings.

I just wish there was the ability to get more of the fixings so we can put in extra shelves.

I'm glad they've come back round again and hope they do so again next year as I may pick some up for my new place.