Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314

Thread: UCS Millenium Falcon re-release?

I finally had the coffee table done to display my UCS Falcon. Acrylic cover with Australian oak base. Professionally made, all up it cost about $1100. Pricey, but well worth it as a centrepiece in the living room.

Some more pics: https://imgur.com/gallery/dESj77O

And if the hit to the wallet wasn?t enough, a re-issue of the UCS Star Destroyer has been rumoured and is looking very likely: https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/statu...010565635?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    I finally had the coffee table done to display my UCS Falcon. Acrylic cover with Australian oak base. Professionally made, all up it cost about $1100. Pricey, but well worth it as a centrepiece in the living room.
    Tidy! Would you consider getting an LED light kit for it?

Probably not, I can?t see myself switching them often enough to make the effort worthwhile

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Probably not, I can?t see myself switching them often enough to make the effort worthwhile
    Just occurred to me that the acrylic cover would need to be removed each time you wanted to switch on the LEDs.

What an awesome way to display a worthy piece! Now to figure out where the UCS Star Destroyer will go next!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by kovert View Post
    Just occurred to me that the acrylic cover would need to be removed each time you wanted to switch on the LEDs.
    Urm, mine is IR Remote, I have even include the falcon's take off sound clip whenever the LED is turned on.
    There are even options now that allow you to control LED lights from your phone via bluetooth.

Is funny, I felt this was the most pleasing toy I had, I think is more to do with accomplishment and is just satisfying.