View Poll Results: Will Trypticon battle your Metroplex/FM?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course.... I'm a completist

13 29.55%
  • Yes, can't wait for this awesomeness

17 38.64%
  • Only if the toy sales are good

7 15.91%
  • Once it hits clearance

4 9.09%
  • [Parent voice from childhood] how much??? No... Put it back... NOW!!!

3 6.82%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Trypticon

I have not opened mine for the same reason. Kinda waiting to see how widespread the problem is. Or other fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Some people are saying that it was only one particular batch of Trypticons that had bad hips. Did anyone here definetly get one with bad hips and if so do you know what the batch number on your box was?

I'm afraid to open mine in case it breaks and since I have the Tak/Tom version ordered I can wait for it if necessary. Would really like to open Trypticon though - have been tossing it up for weeks. I wont be opening him up to cut any springs - Im too ham-fisted for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I have not opened mine for the same reason. Kinda waiting to see how widespread the problem is. Or other fixes.
    I couldn't wait anymore! So with the help of Fatbot and Krayt have gotten a really simple fix HERE

So it has been a few months, how are people feeling about Trypticon now? I kinda want one since I have gotten Metroplex and Fortress Maximus but honestly I wouldn't be "playing" with it a whole lot. I would probably just pose it a bit and transform a couple of times to see how it goes before putting on display somehow, maybe fighting against one of the others hehe.

Bueler?

I still haven't gotten around to transforming it into it's third mode, or putting on the stickers.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Mine is unboxed, hips fixed, stickered, and hiding in a cupboard waiting for Christmas. At the moment I am debating getting a Reprolables kit for way will be used as a toy for the next few years. The ramp and building stickers really look good.

When I transformed Tryppy for the first time... 'SNAP' (WTF-yeah I know now, lol). So his tail wouldn't lock into place as you all know, that was 2 months ago. Transformed him again last week & now his tail locks into place. Seeing as He's corrected Himself I think I'll leave the fix unless it happens again. My TF's are more for display these days so it doesn't bother me like it does some other fans.

He is sooooooooo cool, I can't wait for Scorpy!

I wonder if SkyLynx will get a Titan's release? After Omega & Scorponok that is. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't cuz of the combiners version but it would rock if they made Him big enough to be a carrier for deluxes.

Wheeee, finally got around to making my super shmexy wexy lexy dexy video
    https://youtu.be/iJDBwun9kPw (It's also only 7 minutes long too, making it possibly the shortest Tryppy review on youtube.)

Decided to put my thoughts here, despite it being the Legends toy, since they are the same toy.

I still really like my Trypticon. Still good fun and I STILL manage to play with it on an almost daily basis. In fact, I made Trypticon my toy of the year.

Great interactivity with other Headmaster figures, more basey bits and a nice looking base, dino AND spaceship mode mean that I think Trypticon is actually a better toy than Metroplex, and Fortress Maximus.

Don't get me wrong, metro is a good figure, but there were a few little things that just didn't aid well for his interaction with other toys. Trypticon just manages to do it a little better.

So I bought my son Trypticon today as Myer had it for $150. And I can honestly say that this is a the best citybot ever. I found Metroplex and Fort Max quite disappointing but this guy is so much fun. My son hasn't stopped playing with him all day. Tryppy spent all day chowing on Titan masters, which I think is the greatest toy gimmick ever. I'm hugely impressed.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Galvatran Guest

^ I bought one at Myer intended for my nephew's birthday which is still a few month away. I was a little hesitant given the ridiculous amount of stickers needed to be self applied. He's the type of kid that wants to see things thru once he starts something & I didn't want to burden him with the less enjoyable elements of TF toys. I take great comfort from your comments knowing it's highly playable.