Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Massdrop - would it work for Transformers

Well ok, how 'bout Star Wars Funko Pops? Apparently no assembly required with these...

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/star-wa...ode-vii-bundle

Star Wars Signature Licenced Steins?

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/star-wa...icensed-steins

Toynami Voltron Super Possible Action Figure

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/toynami...-action-figure

And finally! Transformers Series 1 Blind Box Vinyl Figures

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/transfo...-vinyl-figures

Not saying it's not possible to get something made up given the right numbers, just that it's likely to be along the same lines as the items you've shown, that is low quality merchandise or diy model kits rather then actual collectible Transformers.
    It all depends on what you want out of the drop, if you just want TF funko's, cups or kits like the botcon customization class ones then yes I think it's possible you could get something like that going, but if you are really keen on that "MP-10 in green & gold colours with something Aussie-related like a cricket bat" I dont think it's going to happen via a massdrop, sorry

Well it's certainly a tough crowd in here, shooting down just about everything that gets suggested. What about this next lot? They appear adequately detailed and pre-assembled.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/kotobuk...i-anime-statue

The largest point of difference here is the part count.
    Excluding DIY model kits (which allow you to do as you please) everything here is not custom. Theyre pre existing items that MD have secured a limited batch/re-release of. A reissue of an existing MP could be possible. A new redeco? Not so sure.

The other things is massdrop is a US based site, many of uts items are not available to ship internationally. Not sure if thats their limitation or part of the agreemenr with the manufacturers of those items.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

I think that it'd be difficult, but if you're willing to put in the work to send a few emails and ask a few questions, then go for it Sunsurge! Worst case is Hasbro say no.

If Gok's quote of 1000 units is still current, then you would want to look a something that has as broad appeal as possible. Maybe look at it on an international level as opposed to just an Australian level. As for the deco, well that's easy: an animation accurate colour scheme on MP-10! Figure only. Run it as a preorder and I reckon you'd have little trouble shifting 1000 units. Also have An OTCA tampo somewhere inconspicuous Maybe run it as a Kickstarter to garner the preorders but limit it to 1000 units with individually numbered boxes.

It's worth a shot
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I think that it'd be difficult, but if you're willing to put in the work to send a few emails and ask a few questions, then go for it Sunsurge! Worst case is Hasbro say no.

If Gok's quote of 1000 units is still current, then you would want to look a something that has as broad appeal as possible. Maybe look at it on an international level as opposed to just an Australian level. As for the deco, well that's easy: an animation accurate colour scheme on MP-10! Figure only. Run it as a preorder and I reckon you'd have little trouble shifting 1000 units. Also have An OTCA tampo somewhere inconspicuous Maybe run it as a Kickstarter to garner the preorders but limit it to 1000 units with individually numbered boxes.

It's worth a shot
    I think it's a great idea if it can work. All you can do is try right? As Trent says, worst case I'd that it won't work. Best case you cause something awesome to be made.