Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Diaclone Reboot Dia Battles V2 colour photos

Very cool, but I had to bow out of this series, I can only afford so many high-end robot toys.

Which brings us to where we are today...

bowspearer Guest

I know how I want to react on here with how much of a thing of beauty Big Powered is. I also know that the profanities that would require and the images of not only forcing HLJ to take my money right now, but of the factory being forced to make it right now, would likely see me copping one hell of a warning - if not an outright banning.

Unbelievable!!! Hasbro/Takara please wake up and smell the highly advanced roses. We collectors need more of this please.

bowspearer Guest

Just got my 2 copies of Diaclone World fron HLJ today. The book is absolutely amazing - going through the current releases and their protos and concept sketches, as well as the same with the vintage line - along with several pages of text I will need to learn Japanese so I can read :P. The DVD was 99% of the way to being perfect, including modern promos for the current line and a stack of vintage Diaclone commercials (although by the 4th variant of the Gats Blocker commercial I was starting to wish that maybe it wasn't quite so thorough on the vintage side of things).

Only a couple of things with the book and the DVD. Firstly, I have to say that the old saying of "ignorance is bliss", has something to it. I was initially blown away by how original Big Powered 2.0 was - to the point of even the trailers turning into mini bases. Turns out thatit wasn't an original idea, but rather then reusing the design of an unreleased proto of a futuristic truck which turned into a mobile command centre. So on one hand I'm even more impressed with the 80s designs and on the other hand, Big Powered 2.0 isn't quite as original as it could have been.

My only real complaint is with the DVD and in terms of the new promo videos. While it included a few of the new promo videos, the original Diabattles 2.0 video and the Big Powered 2.0 video. Considering how comprehensive the whole thing is meant to be, it would have been nice had they been included.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Just got my 2 copies of Diaclone World fron HLJ today. The book is absolutely amazing - going through the current releases and their protos and concept sketches, as well as the same with the vintage line - along with several pages of text I will need to learn Japanese so I can read
    Excellent, I look forward to receiving my copy from HLJ, together with another book called 'Takara SF Land Evolution'. I have no idea what the latter is about as I don't read Japanese ('SF' for Science Fiction), but hopefully not too much duplicated material between the two books.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

bowspearer Guest

Just had my C and D type powered suit troop builders arrive in the mail (4 sets of each). Really nicely done figures - I hadn't realised the D-type is actually a medical powered suit complete with a red cross emblem sticker for the chest. Best 2 powered suits released to date.

Takara Diaclone Reboot DA-20 Powered Suit Type E

https://www.amazon.co.jp/タカラトミー-ダイアク.../dp/B0778MPSVP

Takara Diaclone Reboot DA-19 Big Powered GV Consolidated Battle Trailer

https://www.amazon.co.jp/タカラトミー-ダイアク.../dp/B0778FC7MK

Seems reasonably priced for Takara, maybe it's an error...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

bowspearer Guest

Got Big Powered in the mail yesterday and he's smaller than I thought he'd be, but he's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Got Big Powered in the mail yesterday and he's smaller than I thought he'd be, but he's amazing.
    Yeah, I saw it at a mall in Asia.
    The box was tiny!
    Would've loved it to be larger in scale.
    But yes - a very cool bot indeed!