Page 57 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official - MP-36 is a new Megatron

Is anyone doing a group order for this, as I would like to get this one.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Booked a ticket to Singapore to pick up my MP36 in person in June. Gonna live on the edge and see how he goes in carry-on baggage, as I don't need check-in baggage. Hope like hell Singapore airport security aren't going to have an issue with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Booked a ticket to Singapore to pick up my MP36 in person in June. Gonna live on the edge and see how he goes in carry-on baggage, as I don't need check-in baggage. Hope like hell Singapore airport security aren't going to have an issue with him.
    Wrap him up like a present.

boxed or not boxed? either way i don't think you'll get it through customs. I couldnt' even get g1 megs from sydney to perth via hand carry (the g1 reissue artbox version).

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    boxed or not boxed? either way i don't think you'll get it through customs. I couldnt' even get g1 megs from sydney to perth via hand carry (the g1 reissue artbox version).
    To be fair (and correct me if I'm wrong) that version is in gun-mode, and customs have these shape-scanning devices that'll pick up anything that looks like a gun.

They might not have bothered to get a scan of mp-36's robot mode by then (bigger fish to fry). That's why you should wrap it up as a present so the obvious box-mode "this is a gun toy" imagery isn't there for the eye to see.

Not that I'm advising that. No.

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    To be fair (and correct me if I'm wrong) that version is in gun-mode, and customs have these shape-scanning devices that'll pick up anything that looks like a gun.

They might not have bothered to get a scan of mp-36's robot mode by then (bigger fish to fry). That's why you should wrap it up as a present so the obvious box-mode "this is a gun toy" imagery isn't there for the eye to see.

Not that I'm advising that. No.
    ah yeah you're right lol xD.

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=...31_267.jpg&f=1

But yea i still wouldn't risk megs being in a hand carry as he's just too expensive to risk it. $350 shipped is the cheapest i can find atm. I got my g1 megs on my subsequent trip to perth via cargo.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    Yair it'll be boxed in robot form. Getting him in through Australian customs is easy...all I need is a B709 form like I previously did with MP5. What I'm unsure about is airport security in Singapore. When I got MP5 I put him through check-in baggage.

Vintage G1 boxed in gun mode was always going to raise a red flag. I'm hoping like hell Singapore security sees a robot on the x-ray scanners and not care. The funny thing is that in Singapore Megatron is definitely NOT deemed to be a imitation gun.

Edit: or I can be a good boy and pay for check-in baggage

Here's what I did when I brought my MP36 from Japan back to Australia:

• I took my permit along with me as well as some photos of my safe storage on my phone. Photos of the lockable case, photo of my TF room door, close ups of the locks etc.

• I discarded the box completely. Saves luggage space, and yeah, don't want any pictures of the toy in gun mode. I packed the tech specs card and instructions in the same plastic sleeve as my permit with any images of the gun mode facing inwards.

• I then "mummified" Megatron with bubble-wrap, a pillow case and another soft bag, the surrounded it with folded up clothes inside the luggage. Here are photos of my "de-mummifying" Megatron after getting home, but basically reverse the steps to see how he was "mummified."

• I placed mummified-Megatron in the same luggage case as my permit. The permit was placed at the very bottom.

• I placed the scope, silencer and stock in different pieces of luggage (as I was travelling with my family).

Basically I didn't want to announce that I was bringing this toy into the country, but I took my permit and photos of my safe storage along with me just in case that I would be pinged. Thankfully I wasn't, but if I had been then I would've showed them my permit and safe storage photos. Now of course, I live in NSW where the permit and safe storage compliance are legally required. As a WA resident you don't need any of these things, so my advice would be to print off a copy of this page and keep it in the same piece of luggage as MP36.

Gonna live on the edge and see how he goes in carry-on baggage, as I don't need check-in baggage.
    That is illegal.

http://travelsecure.infrastructure.g...e-onboard.aspx
    Prohibited items and weapons, including replicas or imitations, cannot be carried onboard. I don't think it's worth the risk of being arrested over a toy by carrying it onboard the aircraft. Just bring a small piece of luggage, chuck your clothes and wrapped up Megatron in there.

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. The information and advice that I have given is based on Australian law. I recommend that you do your homework into what laws are required in Singapore. I would be surprised if any country's aviation authority or airline allowed passengers to bring an imitation firearm aboard in their carry-on luggage though.

Just eat half of it as you get on the plane and just hope for the best. Customs can't bust you for only having half a MP-36 in your luggage (since the other half legally doesn't exist as it's digested food which isn't recognised by law) so you're safe. Just do that. Nothing will go wrong.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

No not illegal, I am sure a friend of mine carried his fake samurai sword on board placed with cabin crew. It all depends on the airlines.