Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia


Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > Non-toy stuff

Sightings/Sales

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4521  
Old 13th June 2018, 03:04 PM
UltraMarginal's Avatar
UltraMarginal UltraMarginal is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 23rd Sep 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 8,562
Default

it's frustrating, I wish I'd known about the sale, I might have bought some older Wii games.

We see this happening on occasion in transformers circles but I get the feeling it's much more common in other collecting circles, even generally accepted.
What really confuses me is peoples need to gloat about it.
__________________
My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)
Reply With Quote
  #4522  
Old 14th June 2018, 11:06 PM
bowspearer bowspearer is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 24th Jun 2011
Location: Central Coast
Posts: 968
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
I am so sick and tired of bloody scalpers. My recent frustration over this never ending BS is due to Targets recent decision to clear out a large majority of video games for $5.
Well long story short nearly every store was sold out of all their games on day one and the gaming groups on facebook are filled with photos of jerks bragging how they just bought 20 copies of the Limited Edition Twilight Princess WiiU, Starfox Zero, xenoblade chronicles x etc etc etc for $5 each.
It would be one thing if they bought these things to offer to other gamers either at cost or a small mark up, but already they are trying to sell the damn things for $50 or more.
I at least managed to get myself a copy of Black Ops 3 for $5, and unlike these worthless scumbags I left the other 5 copies on the shelf for someone else to buy!
Hey, if it makes you feel any better, some good did come out of you venting here.

Like you UM, I wasn't aware of this sale at all.

Anyway, I need to be up here on the Coast for a couple of weeks and tonight I was in Target Tuggerah, check in on Transformers, only to have no luck. I was in another store when I got a hunch to go back and check to see if they had anything left.

I went back in and was told they were cleaned out by the woman I spoke to. However when she checked the cabinet, she discovered a single complete copy of Guitar Hero Live (complete with guitar controller) for only $5. Naturally I jumped on it.

So while it wasn't so great a situation for you guys, at least something good came out of this in the form of another board member grabbing a great bargain that had been missed by everyone.

Thanks for the unconventional heads up.
Reply With Quote
  #4523  
Old 15th June 2018, 09:51 AM
UltraMarginal's Avatar
UltraMarginal UltraMarginal is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 23rd Sep 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 8,562
Default

super cool outcome!
__________________
My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)
Reply With Quote
  #4524  
Old 15th June 2018, 05:40 PM
DarkHyren's Avatar
DarkHyren DarkHyren is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 7th Jan 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
We see this happening on occasion in transformers circles but I get the feeling it's much more common in other collecting circles, even generally accepted.
What really confuses me is peoples need to gloat about it.
Yep, a LOT more common in at least video game and star wars circles, I've even seen people get kicked out of gaming groups for telling off scalpers and warning people that said things are still available for half that price if they call around.
I suspect a lot of those groups admins are dodgy scalpers as well tbh.
Happened a lot with the nes/snes mini's with people actually selling them for $500 each and getting the sale too due to collector desperation.
Glad I held out since now there are nigh infinite supplies coming very soon now, but I do feel sorry for those that thought there would never be more and thus paid those huge 5 times mark ups.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
I went back in and was told they were cleaned out by the woman I spoke to. However when she checked the cabinet, she discovered a single complete copy of Guitar Hero Live (complete with guitar controller) for only $5. Naturally I jumped on it
Noice

Last edited by DarkHyren; 15th June 2018 at 10:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4525  
Old 16th June 2018, 12:10 PM
jazzcomp's Avatar
jazzcomp jazzcomp is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 15th Apr 2010
Location: Ryde
Posts: 5,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
I am so sick and tired of bloody scalpers. My recent frustration over this never ending BS is due to Targets recent decision to clear out a large majority of video games for $5.
Well long story short nearly every store was sold out of all their games on day one and the gaming groups on facebook are filled with photos of jerks bragging how they just bought 20 copies of the Limited Edition Twilight Princess WiiU, Starfox Zero, xenoblade chronicles x etc etc etc for $5 each.
It would be one thing if they bought these things to offer to other gamers either at cost or a small mark up, but already they are trying to sell the damn things for $50 or more.
I at least managed to get myself a copy of Black Ops 3 for $5, and unlike these worthless scumbags I left the other 5 copies on the shelf for someone else to buy!
Nice score!
Reply With Quote
  #4526  
Old 8th July 2018, 06:27 PM
Skullcruncher's Avatar
Skullcruncher Skullcruncher is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 26th Nov 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,769
Default

Collectors that deliberately deceive stores to get a cheaper price are worse than scalpers.

The old "it was on the different peg" or "I think it should be this price" doesn't wash with me, these are collectors who know exactly what they are buying and deliberately angling for a cheaper price.

Case in point - POTP toys at Titans Returns rates.
Reply With Quote
  #4527  
Old 8th July 2018, 07:06 PM
Galvatran Galvatran is offline
Rank 3 - Basic Member
 
Join Date: 13th Jan 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
Collectors that deliberately deceive stores to get a cheaper price are worse than scalpers.

The old "it was on the different peg" or "I think it should be this price" doesn't wash with me, these are collectors who know exactly what they are buying and deliberately angling for a cheaper price.

Case in point - POTP toys at Titans Returns rates.
Was there a specific occurance you witnessed or heard?

Worst than "I've tranformed it a few times, had my fun then returned to shop for a full refund"?
Reply With Quote
  #4528  
Old 8th July 2018, 07:37 PM
Skullcruncher's Avatar
Skullcruncher Skullcruncher is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 26th Nov 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,769
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
Was there a specific occurance you witnessed or heard?

Worst than "I've tranformed it a few times, had my fun then returned to shop for a full refund"?
Theres one on this board in one of the sightings threads and a few on TCCA facebook page now and then.

But yeah similar to that, however you missed "oh it never came with an accessory"
Reply With Quote
  #4529  
Old 8th July 2018, 11:34 PM
Galvatran Galvatran is offline
Rank 3 - Basic Member
 
Join Date: 13th Jan 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 644
Default

TF Collector (TFC): I would like to return this item for a full refund.

Returns Department (RD): Is there anything wrong with it?

TFC: This Titan class Generations Metroplex is missing a rifle blaster accessory. There was none when I opened the MISB.

RD: Oh, ok. *proceeds with refund*
Reply With Quote
  #4530  
Old 9th July 2018, 11:19 AM
UltraMarginal's Avatar
UltraMarginal UltraMarginal is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 23rd Sep 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 8,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
TF Collector (TFC): I would like to return this item for a full refund.

Returns Department (RD): Is there anything wrong with it?

TFC: This Titan class Generations Metroplex is missing a rifle blaster accessory. There was none when I opened the MISB.

RD: Oh, ok. *proceeds with refund*
my Metroplex was missing a black bracket in his shoulder that allowed it to actually be assembled. I should have kept the gun, but I didn't, I asked them if I could but was refused. two weeks later, I found the missile for the gun, which I had no idea I hadn't put back in the box prior to returning it for an exchange.
__________________
My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.