Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Major US & UK Transformers conventions

I can understand the Pretender Shell since it isn't a Hasbro mold/in their factory. But how is Pete managing to get a custom PoTp Swoop toy out of Has/Tak? It can't be they will turn a blind eye, surely?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I can understand the Pretender Shell since it isn't a Hasbro mold/in their factory. But how is Pete managing to get a custom PoTp Swoop toy out of Has/Tak? It can't be they will turn a blind eye, surely?
    It notes somewhere in that long news posting (or one of the follow-up posts), that the Swoop toys will be bought from retailers/wholesalers before the convention.
    And I think the Optimus/Gears with Shell might be from the FunPub clearance sale, as people noted that over a hundred of them disappeared on one day... which could have been Pete buying them for his convention's custom class (or small number are for the custom class, while the rest of them are to be repainted as an exclusive toy for the show).

Well that would probably work as long as Hasbro doesn't enforce its IP, but there is a Shattered Glass autobot logo on the sample copy.... For Pete's sake I hope it goes smoothly. He has some awesome custom ideas over the years... shame they couldn't tap some of that talent for a new club
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Voice Actor Hal Rayle (best known for Snarl, Shrapnel and Pipes), will be at the Canadian TFCon, July 13-15.

IDW artist Nick Roche will be a guest at the UK convention TFNation, 17-19 August.

There haven't been too many people who have voiced the character of Megatron over the years, and only a few of those have been a guest at Transformers conventions.
    This year, the 2001 Robots In Disguise Megatron voice actor Daniel Riordan will be a guest at the UK fan convention TFNation, in August.
    A treat for the UK fans, and anyone keen enough to travel there later this year.

Despite the demise of BotCon, which would feature a lot of first-time guests, we look to be having another first-time Transformers guest at a major fan convention this year with the Gen1 voice actor Stephen Keener appearing at the American TFCon in Chicago this year.
    Keener voiced a number of very late season 3 and season 4 characters, so didn't get much screen time or lines, so probably isn't a very familiar name in the fandom (and as such, probably wasn't a priority Voice Actor for major fan conventions like BotCon). His characters were Fortress Maximus, Scorponok, Hungrrr, Hardhead, Scattershot and Mindwipe.

The voice actor for Daniel from the 1986 movie, David Mendenhall, will be a guest at this year's Canadian TFCon, July 13-15.
    This year TFCon also have David Kaye and Garry Chalk as guests, which should be a lot of fun for the attendees, as they voiced the two leaders during Beast Wars and the Unicron Trilogy.

And the UK TFCon has announced having former Hasbro designer Aaron Archer as a guest this year, August 17-19, along with Daniel Riordan (RID 2001 Megatron), DC Douglas (Rescue Bots Chase), and an odd obscure guest, the one who voiced TF2 Sideswipe for just two or three lines (Andre Sugliuzzo).

The Canadian TFCon next month has another Gen1 guest, with cartoon writer David Wise attending.
    That makes it a great line up of guests this year, comparable to what we'd see with BotCon... so probably worth the trip, if you can afford it, and want to check out Canada & USA at the same time.