Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Info and Activities > Ratbat's Transformers Reviews

Sightings/Sales

View Poll Results: Buy the God Bomber?
Yes 6 50.00%
No 1 8.33%
Maybe... (feel free to drop a thought) 3 25.00%
Not even slightly interested 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29th May 2017, 09:37 PM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Default Toy Review - TT Legends God Bomber

God Bomber
Series - Legends
Sub-line - Headmasters ( ?)
Size/class - Voyager (I think, not sure of sizes anymore)
New/remould/redeco - New
Released here - May, 2017
Approximate Retail Price 7,500Yennies
Approximate Size - cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-modes - Trailer, Battle Station Base
Main Colours - Blue, sliver
Main Accessories - His body, he IS an accessory. Legs, arms, chest. God Cannon, GC Missile, sword blade and handle. Head.

He's big and impressive in robot mode, but definitely feels flimsy and falls apart easily. His shoulders have those nubbed ratchets and as a result, every time I move the upper arms, the fore-arms fall off. Very annoying. He does looks very, very cool though. I really like the robot mode, his proportions are a lot better the second time around

Vehicle mode is faithful to his G1 self in that it's still a trailer and looks like a thing of something. With wings. Sitting HM figures in the cockpit is cool play-wise. Battle station mode, is ... hmm. Unimpressive.

When combined with Super Ginrai it looks very cool. All the joints in GB make it a pain to get in the right spot and the instructions were vague and hard to see. Or, I am just really tired today (which I am) but it's fairly obvious in the end. God Ginrai is rather tall and very impressive. Once again, the proportions looks pretty good and he is poseable, especially when compared to the G1 toy

As a stand alone toy, I wouldn't recommend it. As an accessory for Super Ginrai he is highly recommended, especially if you are a fan of Masterforce. I am, I loved it!

A bunch of pretty sloppy phone pictures and chit chat on my blog. Mainly because I have forgotten my photobucket login....
Old 30th May 2017, 12:57 AM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

...wouldn't happen to have hasbro's PMOP on hand would you to test with??

I seen some footage of someone who tried to combine the 2 and aside from the feet it all connected, it was in another language so I couldn't understand what else had happened, curious to know what works
Old 30th May 2017, 09:23 AM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Negatory old chum, but having a look at some pictures and grabbing my Ultra Magnus, I've come to the conclusion that the feet wouldn't connect, as Ginrai's feet have specific sections made to connect to GB's.

The arms wouldn't be very secure at all. The main connector for them is a peg and a hole, the hole being in Ginrai's forearm. The back of the arm kind of swings around and "grabs" (I use this term loosely) the trailer panels. Therefore, on PMOP the only thing holding the arms on would be the back connectors, which aren't well secured.

The back pack should fit fine. It connects to the tail lights of the truck and just kind of hangs over the chest, as a result, as long as PMOP's chest and stomach don't bulge out a massive heap, that should fit fine and dandy
Old 30th May 2017, 03:19 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I voted yes, simply because I pre-ordered the sucker months ago. I should see it some time in the next 6 to 12 months. then I'll have a real opinion.
My tentative foray into Reviewing Movie Human alliance Characters: Coming Soon
Old 30th May 2017, 08:40 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
...wouldn't happen to have hasbro's PMOP on hand would you to test with??
I initially thought you mean Hasbro's G1 PMOP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
I seen some footage of someone who tried to combine the 2 and aside from the feet it all connected, it was in another language so I couldn't understand what else had happened, curious to know what works
Perhaps you can post the link and see if anyone here can translate for you
Old 31st May 2017, 05:00 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
Negatory old chum, but having a look at some pictures and grabbing my Ultra Magnus, I've come to the conclusion that the feet wouldn't connect, as Ginrai's feet have specific sections made to connect to GB's.

The arms wouldn't be very secure at all. The main connector for them is a peg and a hole, the hole being in Ginrai's forearm. The back of the arm kind of swings around and "grabs" (I use this term loosely) the trailer panels. Therefore, on PMOP the only thing holding the arms on would be the back connectors, which aren't well secured.

The back pack should fit fine. It connects to the tail lights of the truck and just kind of hangs over the chest, as a result, as long as PMOP's chest and stomach don't bulge out a massive heap, that should fit fine and dandy
Makes sense with the footage I saw, I suspect as much with the arms and feet connectors, it was the chest I was most curious about
I wouldn't be asking but my lg ginrai is being held up by a rather infamous shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
I initially thought you mean Hasbro's G1 PMOP.

Perhaps you can post the link and see if anyone here can translate for you
Wasn't sure myself if my distinction was clear enough initialy but it got heard lol.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2554148&type=3

The toy used is clearly modified, this is actually the second post of it and seems the feet are modified to hold the super ginrai add ons seeing how he lifts it straight up where's before the feet dropped off as it should
Old 23rd May 2018, 10:30 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I received one this week from lukematthewsutton - thanks Luke!

It came without instructions, as warned, but I found it easy to turn from trailer to robot. I haven't tried the power up mode yet.

It's very big and "blocky". To me the figure appears to be made of chunky rectangular pieces, like a robot made out of building blocks.

The forearms kept falling off. The arms kept untabbing whenever I tried posing them, the ratchets were that tight.

It's fine as a display piece, and as I've said I haven't tried powerup mode, but I don't think it's good as a robot you can throw around the room playing..... er, running battle simulations with.

I do like that Titan Masters can go for a ride in it.