Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > News > Soundwave's Global News

Sightings/Sales

Old 11th May 2018, 01:05 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
Those red eyes are super creepy.
Kinda like when Scorponok has a bunch of different coloured Streakers in the old IDW comics from years ago. I am liking the colour scheme more than I thought i would though it will still most likely be a pass from me unless he becomes super cheap (like Road Rage) down the line

Follow on FB: BigAngryTrev Twitter: @BigAngryTrev and Tumblr: BigAngryTrev!

Toy Reviews: POTP Terrorcons, MB-20 Nemesis Prime,
Articles: Sophie Monk to play Octopunch in movie?
Old 11th May 2018, 02:38 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
MP-34S Shadow Panther is post-MP-22 and is also an exclusive (TTMall).
Shadow Panther is the one strange exception to what I was saying, given that if you were right, Cordon should be MP-39P rather than MP-42. I would agree that exclusives will automatically get a separate letter, while the + versions will either be cartoon or (as of now) toy accurate to plug a gap in the collections of one group, the other or completists.

To clarify, I was referring to mainline releases. After all there is one Masterpiece what isn't on that list, because it wasn't a special edition, which had a letter designation - that's Soundblaster, which had the MP-13B designation. If every single figure which could be classed as a variant were still getting variant lettering, then Delta Magnus would have been a MP-22 (possible either R or D) variant rather than MP-31 and Cordon would be MP-39P rather than MP-42.

What this suggests is that we're both right here. What I was saying about main line releases was spot on - anything main line will have individual numbering from now on without variant lettering, even if it is a clear variant, like Delta Magnus or Cordon.

What you were saying about every single non-mainstream release, that it will always have a letter designation typing it back to the original mould, is also correct.

The one exception here are the + editions, which regardless of how they are released, will always refer to either a cartoon or toy accurate release, depending on whether the original release was more toy accurate or cartoon accurate.
Old 11th May 2018, 03:02 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
Hmmm... A "Constructicon Green" redeco of Grapple would be warmly welcomed into my fold!
Been waiting for this one too
WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Carnivac, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Eject, Frenzy, Firestar, Outback, Sinnertwin, Cutthroat, Blot, Bomb-burst, Octopunch, Bludgeon, Razorclaw, Rampage, Divebomb, Headstrong, Tantrum MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
PRIME(HASTAK): Thundercracker ENERGON: Six Shot
Old 11th May 2018, 04:08 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I wouldn't go pass a Green Ratchet either...
Old 11th May 2018, 05:36 PM

Ignore the numbers, just buy if is what you like. I am not sure why over thinking it after you find out there are exceptions on one piece here or there.
Old 11th May 2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifand View Post
Ignore the numbers, just buy if is what you like. I am not sure why over thinking it after you find out there are exceptions on one piece here or there.
Exactly 😂
Are you guys going to refuse buying a figure you want because you don't like the number on the box??
Old 11th May 2018, 07:43 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philby View Post
Are you guys going to refuse buying a figure you want because you don't like the number on the box??
If by number you mean price, then yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
What this suggests is that we're both right here.
https://youtu.be/xm212ay0rew?t=2m47s
Old 11th May 2018, 08:36 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
The voice of reason.

I was expecting the next Masterpiece to be assigned MP712.
Old 11th May 2018, 09:49 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
Whoever did the mock-up forgot about rub points - the bane of every TF customiser out there. Either that or they created the paint scratches when they moved the toy to pose it.
It's only a mock up intended to give retail buyers an idea of what the product will eventually look like. Sure beats Hasbro's RID mock ups in 2001 which was literally nothing more than cardboard cut outs. Same with Kenner's mock ups for the very first Star Wars toys -- heck, they sold those cardboard mock ups to kids (so that they could redeem them for actual toys months later!).
Old 11th May 2018, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Because it isn't a true fan argument if you're not fighting in Thunderdome over minute details?