Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > Lego

Sightings/Sales

Old 26th May 2017, 09:04 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Theyve started arriving at Kmart stores

Speed GT set & AMG Merc 💜

LOOKING FOR MiSB
AOE VOYAGER NEMESiS PRiME.
Old 26th May 2017, 11:10 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Has anyone seen the Wonder Woman movie lego set? It's the one with a giant Ares in it.
Old 30th May 2017, 10:46 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Speed and Star Wars sets in my local Kmart... $45 now for the same size sets that were $39... disappointing especially as I was hoping to nab the clone tank but that price put me off, hoping big w will be cheaper.
$49 for the speeder is insane and it won't move as the box is half he size of the $39/$45 sets...

I'll wait till it goes on clearance like all the rogue one sets are. If I hadn't already gotten them at the heavy discount prices last summer I'd be snapping ten up now. Considering buying another tank and walker and flogging off the minifigs to recoup some of the price...
Old 31st May 2017, 09:33 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

I popped into a shopping centre after work today & noticed that Big W, Target & Kmart all had new Star Wars, Speed Champs, Nexo Knights & Friends sets (Myer's toy section looked like it had been hit by a tornado... ). I wasn't looking at prices but man, how nice is that vintage Ford GT-40 build...

It's funny how just last night I spent nearly $100 on a variety of SW Bounty Hunter mini-figs on Bricklink (because I thought that particular set wouldn't show up here for quite a while...) & low & behold what did I find in the stores today... Oh well...
Old 1st June 2017, 08:23 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I know what my next big Lego purchase is going to be

And this guy

Might even pick up another Ferrari F1 too

LOOKING FOR MiSB
AOE VOYAGER NEMESiS PRiME.
Old 1st June 2017, 10:20 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

One of the guys at work pre-ordered the UCS Snowspeeder. It arrived today with an exclusive R2-D2.
Old 2nd June 2017, 04:45 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

I saw at Chadstone TRU the Rathtar scene and Quadjumper sets plus a new bounty hunter battle pack and a first order battle pack
Old 2nd June 2017, 08:09 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philby View Post
I saw at Chadstone TRU the Rathtar scene and Quadjumper sets plus a new bounty hunter battle pack and a first order battle pack
I am scared to inquire about the prices at TrU, what with the Kmart price increases...
Old 5th June 2017, 09:46 AM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

i actually couldnt see any tags. i dont think i really want them other than the battle packs so i didnt bother scanning or asking
Old 5th June 2017, 10:30 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
Speed and Star Wars sets in my local Kmart... $45 now for the same size sets that were $39... disappointing especially as I was hoping to nab the clone tank but that price put me off, hoping big w will be cheaper.
$49 for the speeder is insane and it won't move as the box is half he size of the $39/$45 sets...

I'll wait till it goes on clearance like all the rogue one sets are. If I hadn't already gotten them at the heavy discount prices last summer I'd be snapping ten up now. Considering buying another tank and walker and flogging off the minifigs to recoup some of the price...
I wonder if they would put TFA sets on clearance anytime soon since the toys directly relate to the upcoming sequels. The Rogue One sets went on clearance too quickly, but I guess they only planned on making it a short run to begin with. Managed to pick up the U-Wing last month from Myer's multiple-stacking offers (clearance price + online discount), ended up being $69.

I picked up Vader's Transformation for $35 from Summer aka the Ryde Lady on Gumtree last week. https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-seller/Summer/1001494590 She sold out of the Republic Tank at the time but it looks like she's got new stock on the weekend:
$35 Vader's Transformation, Republic Tank, or Luke's Landspeeder
$65 Quadjumper

The first two Freemaker seemed like a flop, so I'm not surprised that retailers has been too keen on the next two sets. After watching vid reviews for Tracker I & The Arrowhead, I think I will be saving my money and non-existent display space for the big TLJ sets. Real missed opportunity with The Arrowhead - I had hoped it was closer to the Hammerhead Corvette from Rogue One.

TLJ sets, SPOILER ALERT: https://geekculture.co/leaked-2017-l...jedi-box-sets/
- If those EU/US prices can be relied upon, then 75190 looks like it will retail for approx. AUD$250; 75189 approx. rrp. AUD$235; 75188 approx. rrp. AUD$190

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!