View Poll Results: TF4 Movie (AOE) - worth watching?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • excellent, must see

25 24.75%
  • good, see if you can

33 32.67%
  • average

20 19.80%
  • disappointing, avoid it

23 22.77%
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review - Transformers 4 : Age Of Extinction (spoilers)

Just saw this today at IMAX, I liked it.

Pros:
    + Ratchet's whole scene and death scene (CRY EVERTIM)
    + The general tone, different from the other 3
    + Better characters, Drift was cool, like most of the Autobot cast
    + Better human characters, not awkward like the past films, Cade Yaeger was a fantastic character
    + No Shia LeBouff
    + Good humour, such as Drift's irony
    + Galvatron's voice- perfect
    + I liked the idea of humans improving upon cybertronian tech with transformium- though the morphing thing makes for bad toys, the concept was great
    + Dinobots being rebellious powerhouses
    + The dinobots being lifted up by Lockdown's ship, especially Slug. Looked cute.
    Cons:
    - Galvatron and Stinger being invincible with his morphing abilites, then suddenly being able to be slaughtered easily, along with all the vehicons.
    - Optimus somehow being able to reformat and fix himself after all the crap about needing the Autobots needing to fix him.
    - Bingbing Lee
    - The dinobots not talking (though I hope the 5th movie focuses on the dinobots' minds and development as characters)
    - The dinobots being big, scary set pieces, rather than characters. You'd think the Knights of Cybertron would be pretty wise and honourable instead of ferocious beasts.
    - After a small battle with Optimus, the dinobots just decide to do what he says. The battle should have been longer.

Overall, pretty good film. 7/10 for me. Not perfect, but not a bad film. Better than ROTF and DOTM, but not as good as the 2007 movie.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Better than DOTM, but still a steaming pile of s#!t. Congratulations to all involved

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

And according to wiki, AOE is so far the 33rd top grossing movie of all time! Awesome work Mr Bay! can't wait for TF5!

It's now ranked 18th movie of all time! Beating The Dark Knight. It's also over the $1 Billion Mark.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...grossing_films
    Last edited by Omega Metro; 7th August 2014 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Just saw this today at IMAX, I liked it.

Pros:
    + Ratchet's whole scene and death scene (CRY EVERTIM)
    Is it a full blown, box of Kleenex sob or just a solitary tear slowly making it's way down your cheek?

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Better than DOTM, but still a steaming pile of s#!t. Congratulations to all involved

Finally saw this abomination today. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me four times, shame on me?

Optimus magically growing rockets and Poochieing up in to space was the first time I've ever actually been angry at a movie for being so stupid.

Going to see it again this Saturday. It will be the 3rd time at the cinemas. Much rather see the new Planet of the Apes movie but I promised my nephew that I would see TF 4 with him. Stupid promises.... grumble grumble....

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Optimus magically growing rockets and Poochieing up in to space was the first time I've ever actually been angry at a movie for being so stupid.
    Yep!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

How about Galvatron not having a spark, and yet he's not only alive but able to grant life to others! After all the fuss in ROTF about the Allspark being the only thing that could grant new life, suddenly it doesn't matter!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    How about Galvatron not having a spark, and yet he's not only alive but able to grant life to others! After all the fuss in ROTF about the Allspark being the only thing that could grant new life, suddenly it doesn't matter!
    I think that's the difference between a 'true' Transformer and one of the Earth-made drones: while Transformers have Sparks, Galvatron, and by extension the other 'new' Decepticons, don't, so they're all effectively 'zombies' with Decepticon memories, but they don't have that extra 'something' that a Spark provides. Megatron's memories and personality were downloaded from what was left of his head and uploaded into Galvatron, and from there, he spread information/personalities to the other KSI drones.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Megatron's memories and personality were downloaded from what was left of his head and uploaded into Galvatron, and from there, he spread information/personalities to the other KSI drones.
    We don't even know that. Do the Vehicons even have any form of independent will, or are they merely extensions of Galvatron's will? Megatron did originally have a Spark, so the original source of Galvatron's life (as Megatron) would still be the AllSpark, however it was KSI (albeit manipulated by Galvatron) who resurrected Galvatron in a blasphemous state of undeath. I personally would've preferred to have seen Galvatron as a wholly new and separate entity from Megatron though; much as what he originally was in the original G1 toy bio and Ladybird books, as well as the IDW comics. Bringing Megatron back from the dead again is just ridiculous. Although seeing him manipulate humans into rebuilding him is preferable to just seeing other Decepticons stab him with a Cosmic MacGuffin.

Crap.
    I came out feeling kind of angry. It didn't really seem like a movie, it was more like a series of slow motion crappy staring off into the sunset/look at this shiny car/watch me pose or walk slowly looking away with this gun "this is a moment" press pictures with product placement in between. Drift was fucking stupid. Who are these "legendary warriors", where did they come from, why don't they speak, why should they help Optimus, where do they go afterwards? Who are these Knights and why are they special? why doesn't Optimus just fly with his jetpack feet the whole time, how did they turn out of a corn field onto a gigantic overpass, how did the helicopter lose them etc etc etc.

I just think it was wasted potential it could have been so much more! ARGH