Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use Toyhunting.com?

Default Anyone use Toyhunting.com?

Has anyone ever bought from Toyhunting.com?

I'm looking at the Henkei Dinobot they've got in stock, and it's cheaper than anywhere else I can find online, but I've never heard of the site before so wanted to do a bit of research first.

A quick Google search threw up some complaints on TFW2005 and Seibertron, but has anyone here had dealing with them before?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I've never heard of them.

are the complaints about stuff not turning up, excess postage cost, or postage time? I find some complainers especially when it comes to postage time are often blowing things out of proportion.

I made a purchase on ebay just recently, the seller messaged me practically begging for positive feedback and high star counts on postage time saying that being regular international post it would potentially take several weeks and to please be patient etc.
    there was even a note along the same lines in the package when it arrived.

I think it took maybe 7 business days to arrive, and it was well packed, if he's had a hard time from other people on that level of service then there are definitely some complainers out there.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

they seem to have a fairly solid website, and though they don't seem to have the same amount of stock as say BBTS, they also have some very reasonable prices. HA B I'm looking at you

The complaints were in regards to things not turning up and lack of communication from the seller - not replying to emails etc. The type of things that make you worry as an international buyer.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

that is a bit concerning.

I'd be cautious, might be worth spending a littl emore to be sure you are going to get it.

I just had a 5 sec browse. Seems they still have some scarcer henkeis in stock and for low prices.. that for me, rings alarm bells.

Use paypal, the worst case scenario is the goods don't turn up and you raise a dispute and get your money back!

Verno man, you really dig beastformers

Anything paid via paypal outside of ebay doesn't guarantee 100% that you'll get your money back in the event of a mishap. I strongly agree with young Ultramarginal and think you should avoid. For piece of mind, you're better off forking out a little bit more cash and buying somewhere more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post

Anything paid via paypal outside of ebay doesn't guarantee 100% that you'll get your money back in the event of a mishap. I strongly agree with young Ultramarginal and think you should avoid. For piece of mind, you're better off forking out a little bit more cash and buying somewhere more reliable.

shucks, though if you're calling me young, you must be older than the Allspark itself!!

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post

Guilty as charged

The trouble with a figure like Dinobot is that every reliable TF selling site is out of stock of him and not likely to get more in, which forces my hand, and puts me between a rock (eBay) and a hard place (less reputable sites)