Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2939444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: September Acquisitions

I love Target sales.

Well done everyone! I am so upset that my Target didn't have any Animated. Shelves and shelved=s of movie blasters, but that's it. Thanks for nothing Target!
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    a
    what amuses me though is the fact that i can't stand mini cons, yet like micro masters
    I am the same. I hate minicons but love Micromasters.

The G1 factor may have something to do with it but I think that its more to do with their portrayal in fiction rather than the line it belongs to.

In G1, the Micromasters were characters like any other.

In Armada, they were little more than a gimmick with hardly any personality whatsoever. They were little more than beeping droids and the Pokamon aspect was very souring.

I will admit that technically speaking Minicons are better toys with better engineering than Micros but for me, they lack in personality and appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    In Armada, they were little more than a gimmick with hardly any personality whatsoever. They were little more than beeping droids and the Pokamon aspect was very souring.
    The Armada comic gave them personalities and the ability to talk and that made a huge difference.

The comic Mini-Cons were pretty cool. I also really liked how the Armada comics portrayed Cybertron as a caste society with the Mini-Cons as a low nigh-untouchable caste (similar to say the Japanese "Eta") and the Autobots as an exclusive warrior caste (similar to the Samurai caste).

Well... the Mini-Cons didn't seem to be actively hated or discriminated against like true untouchable castes are. They're kinda like the Amish in terms of being very much excluded and detached from the rest of society (in fact, the Mini-Cons were even more isolated than the Amish - the Decepticons had managed to enslave every one of them before the Autobots even became aware of it)... but the Amish aren't a caste whereas the Mini-Cons do seem to be like that... arguably a separate sub-race of Transformer from Autobots, Decepticons and other Cybertronians (in the Armada comics Cybertron appears to be primarily populated by factionless Cybertronian civilians whom the Autobots were entrusted to defend, again, much like the Samurai of feudal Japan).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The Armada comic gave them personalities and the ability to talk and that made a huge difference.
    Yeah I know they had more personality in the comic. I will start reading the Armada comics soon and this may help me warm up a bit to minicons but I doubt that it will drastically change my opinion.

However the Armada cartoon really soured me to minicons same with their gimmick based toy reason for existing. That is what will make it hard to see the minicons as anything more than a cheap gimmick.

So many people hunting for a Blitzwing, and most getting one. It took my third Target to find one today. Makes me want to watch episodes of him in it, because I keep hearing his voices in my head when playing with it.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    So many people hunting for a Blitzwing, and most getting one. It took my third Target to find one today. Makes me want to watch episodes of him in it, because I keep hearing his voices in my head when playing with it.
    I guess it all depends where you live... (My nearest Target had 4 Blitzy's when I checked it on Friday)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post

I love Target sales.
    That's so pretty i'm even going to get one.

Grapple and Perceptor thanks to Heroic Decepticon.