Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: March 2018 Japanese Transformers

The March items from TakaraTomy will be released in a few days time, and some photos of the box for Omega Prime have been revealed, giving us a good look at the altered deco of the toy.

So, is anyone here getting this who already has the original version (or the Hasbro RID version)... or will be getting this for the first time?

At almost AU$400, it will be a big expensive boxset (double the price of the original pair, although that was 18 years ago)... but it will be a lot of fun for those who haven't experienced it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The March items from TakaraTomy will be released in a few days time, and some photos of the box for Omega Prime have been revealed, giving us a good look at the altered deco of the toy.

So, is anyone here getting this who already has the original version (or the Hasbro RID version)... or will be getting this for the first time?

At almost AU$400, it will be a big expensive boxset (double the price of the original pair, although that was 18 years ago)... but it will be a lot of fun for those who haven't experienced it yet.
    At the current exchange rate he's $305 on HLJ https://hlj.com/product/TKT10732 . But as much as I'd love another Fire Convoy and God Magnus I couldn't justify that much money in the end on two characters I already own. Instead I preordered a LG-EX Grand Max from TLTC since I don't have a Grand Max in my collection at all.

More photos of March's Japanese toys (out of packaging) now that they have been released - Omega Prime/God Fire Convoy and Legends Seaspray, Twintwist, Topspin (including a new "fan mode" combination of the two Jumpstarters that were drawn into the included mini-comic)

Photos of LG-EX Greatshot and Grand Max packaging.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/03/27/t...ckaging-361441

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/03/28/t...ckaging-361450

I hope these two end up on my doorstep soon.

Some in-hand images of Greatshot and Grand Maximus, showing us the mould changes to Greatshot (Grand Maximus is just a redeco).

And with the first of the Star Wars Transformers released, we have some in-hand images of the Darth Vader toy, and another promotional video on youtube from TakaraTomy for the new series (of two so far).

Some in-hand images of Greatshot and Grand Maximus, showing us the mould changes to Greatshot (Grand Maximus is just a redeco).
    Oh darn, I had hoped for the price they were asking for Grand Max Takara would go all paint apps and no stickers. Well I guess I'm going to have to set aside some time to sticker him up.

The mini-comics included with Greatshot and Grand Maximus - showing a lot of nice cameos.
    One thing to note is that they've used a black redeco Twinferno/Doublecross, as Black Zarak. Unfortunately the toys would be way out of scale (Deluxe to a Titan), but I guess that was the best they could do with a recently existing toy. (they could have just drawn the original toy, as they don't only have Legends toys in these comics, and it would have made more sense for scaling... and a good red herring to fans wishing for a Titan Scorponok)

The look of Greatshot walks all over Sixshot I have to admit. That 1970's/early 80's look is like classic rock, it never goes out of style.

did they really pull out the pretender shell for Grand Max??

me.