Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage game consoles

Default Vintage game consoles

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    I don't even have a games console, and I'm a teenager! But yeah I prefer as my dad calls it 'pew-pew-ing'.
    Wow now I feel really old! My first console was the Sega Master System, with Alex the Kid built in. Since then I've had the Sega Megadrive, then ditched Sega for the Sony PS1 and have had every iteration since to the current PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Wow now I feel really old! My first console was the Sega Master System, with Alex the Kid built in.
    Completely off topic but my ring tone is the music that played during the rock paper sissors battles.. I still play the game every now and then. Love it

Pppffftt... that was the Sega Master System II! I grew up knowing kids who played with the Sega Master System... uh... I! I never owned one though, as I was a Nintendo kid. I've had:
    * Game & Watch
    * Famicom
    * NES
    * Super Nintendo
    * Gameboy
    * N64
    * Gameboy Micro

Quote Originally Posted by Wormz View Post
    Completely off topic but my ring tone is the music that played during the rock paper sissors battles.. I still play the game every now and then. Love it
    Heh, my daughter and I love playing Janken with each other. It's the Japanese version of rock paper scissors, only with a few extra rules.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v-qxAM8TtA

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Pppffftt... that was the Sega Master System II! I grew up knowing kids who played with the Sega Master System... uh... I! I never owned one though, as I was a Nintendo kid. I've had:
    * Game & Watch
    * Famicom
    * NES
    * Super Nintendo
    * Gameboy
    * N64
    * Gameboy Micro

Heh, my daughter and I love playing Janken with each other. It's the Japanese version of rock paper scissors, only with a few extra rules.
    I could not for the life of me think of the correct name for it.. And as for the gameboy.. I owe my childhood to one of those things

Wow now I feel really old! My first console was the Sega Master System, with Alex the Kid built in.
    Pfft, whippersnapper. C64 vet here. I have decided to hold off until I buy a PS4.

I have one more game on my PS3 to knocj off until I am satisfied I have finsihed my pile of shame for it.
    Then I'll be all over new Batman, Transformers and probably unchartedrerdredrerdredredrd.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    * Game & Watch
    * Famicom
    * NES
    * Super Nintendo
    * Gameboy
    * N64
    * Gameboy Micro

Haha you got me mate, forgot it was the 2nd Master System. So you were a Nintendo kid.

I was Sega. After the Megadrive my brother wanted to get the Dreamcast but I said lets get the Playstation instead. I got that call right and then have had every PS console since.

Back to the topic, I'm up to Blitzwing and loving it so far. I thought I wouldn't like the vehicle attack move but you need it to win so I'm used to it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Pfft, whippersnapper. C64 vet here. I have decided to hold off until I buy a PS4.

I have one more game on my PS3 to knocj off until I am satisfied I have finsihed my pile of shame for it.
    Then I'll be all over new Batman, Transformers and probably unchartedrerdredrerdredredrd.
    Haha one of my cousins had the C64. Another one had the good old Amiga 500. Good times, good times.

I kept my PS3, still like to bash away at FOC and WFC sometimes with my son. It is such a versatile machine, still gets used sometimes as a blu ray player.

Quote Originally Posted by Wormz View Post
    Damn it I can't remember it off the top of my head, will have to look it up. Props for still owning it, my brothers and I used sell our current console with games in the newspaper and then use the proceeds to help pay for the next model.

Wow now I feel really old! My first console was the Sega Master System, with Alex the Kid built in. Since then I've had the Sega Megadrive, then ditched Sega for the Sony PS1 and have had every iteration since to the current PS4.
    My first console was an Atari 2600, not even the black smaller version but the big ass 6 switch 'wooden' finish Sunnyvale model!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    My first console was an Atari 2600, not even the black smaller version but the big ass 6 switch 'wooden' finish Sunnyvale model!
    Mine was the Atari 2600 too - though it was the black version

Quote Originally Posted by Jenko21 View Post
    I just liked watching grimlock run at the start! Nearly woke my kids up I was laughing that hard hahahaha
    That is one of the few problems I've found with the game on my first run through. I was playing Grimlock and I had to race Motormaster and didn't get an opportunity to change characters so I was mashing the button non-stop to make him run. On my second go through the game I made sure I was playing as one of the vehicular Autobots after the Blitzwing fight.