Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121727 ... LastLast

Thread: The Little Toy Company Website

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I bought from these guys before via their ebay page early last year, back then I had a long list of questions and took a week to get a reply...guess times changed but I got my intended order after they replied.

I see good now but has anyone made a pre-order with them, I'm curious as to where they get their stock and their reliability in that regard, how are pre-orders handled upfront payment or pay later (as in via their website not ebay).

And how does their shipping cost work, I can't expect a hlj/bbts warehouse storage type deal can I, saw a listing about the platinum edition unicron and just thinking how much damage my wallet would take from postage.
    I hate to bring "them" up but what if they got stock from...those guys, I see a few ebay pages seeing stock at good rates but clearly profitable if bought from "them", I'm just paranoid about australian business is all

From my experiments with their online store shipping seems to be a flat rate, no matter how many in stock items I seem to place in the cart on their site shipping stays the same ($15 for regular, $35 for express). Maybe someone else can shed some extra light on the matter but it seems that's how they do things, with flat rates (please correct me if I'm wrong regular customers).

As for mixed orders (in stock items ordered with pre orders, or pre orders due at different times ordered together) LTC informs me that they hold all items till the last one in the order is with them so that they can send everything at once.

As for where they source their items, no idea sorry

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    From my experiments with their online store shipping seems to be a flat rate, no matter how many in stock items I seem to place in the cart on their site shipping stays the same ($15 for regular, $35 for express). Maybe someone else can shed some extra light on the matter but it seems that's how they do things, with flat rates (please correct me if I'm wrong regular customers).

As for mixed orders (in stock items ordered with pre orders, or pre orders due at different times ordered together) LTC informs me that they hold all items till the last one in the order is with them so that they can send everything at once.

As for where they source their items, no idea sorry
    Cheers for the info, this is looking promising.

If you want things to ship separately, tell them and then they'll just charge individual shipping for them (I assume they send you an invoice for extra postage when they arrive)... or do them as separate transactions.

Haven't actually tried, but that is what they told me in an email about it.

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post

I see good now but has anyone made a pre-order with them, I'm curious as to where they get their stock and their reliability in that regard, how are pre-orders handled upfront payment or pay later (as in via their website not ebay).
    Ordered a couple of upcoming TM's from them and they wanted payment up front.

^ my last order with them was a preorder for Marvel Legends. Picked that one up last week. No issues and had a nice chat as well.

If anyone is interested...they listed mp36 megatron, $230, they listed his arrival around "NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2017 LATEST JAN 2018"

What is this madness, they'll become god tier as a reliable small seller if they keep up the range like this while not reaching out so hard like you know who and then burning away customers

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    If you want things to ship separately, tell them and then they'll just charge individual shipping for them (I assume they send you an invoice for extra postage when they arrive)... or do them as separate transactions.

Haven't actually tried, but that is what they told me in an email about it.
    I see, well I'd rather it be all grouped together provided its a flat $15...

I wonder what would happen if I did the platinum unicron and the generations trypticon together (they just listed the last one, $195), THAT would be an incentive for me to buy from them

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    Ordered a couple of upcoming TM's from them and they wanted payment up front.
    Seems fair, provided stock does infact come of course

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    ^ my last order with them was a preorder for Marvel Legends. Picked that one up last week. No issues and had a nice chat as well.
    Nice, well if I was a bit closer I'd be doing pick up, btw I'm assuming its just a pickup point only and not a shop to browse right?

I'd love more walk in collectable shops to check out on my travels.

MP Megatron is tempting but the pay up front thing is still making me pause for obvious reasons.
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    MP Megatron is tempting but the pay up front thing is still making me pause for obvious reasons.
    If you're anywhere near them a pick up (once they receive it) would help relieve the pressure of it being looked at if that's what you're worried about, noticed a few retailers are starting to open up a second run on megatrons.

If its actually getting it in stock I have more faith in them doing a prompt refund based on the responses here than you know who, perhaps shoot them an email and see how it goes, makes me wonder if they got the permit or are just winging it

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I have just been emailing them. They push the full refund for non delivery thing pretty hard. Good for them. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    I never really understood the dislike for payment up front shown here.

I get people have been burnt by making a payment then seeing the company collapse or worse.
    But at the same time plenty seem to have no issue with ordering at multiple locations then pulling the rug out from under the least perfect ones. Not good for the smaller players.
    It just seems nasty all around with no obvious solution 😣