Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G2 Menasor and Defensor for sale on Facebook.

A seller is under no obligation to let a buyer know what other items they may or may not have for sale.
    But then also nobody likes to be deliberately received.
    Ultimately something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.
    If I sold you a toothbrush for $1 or $100 and you pay the higher price then I think the buyer has only themselves to blame and deserves no sympathy.

These are things I have heard about that seller..

- Most items on their eBay were auctions with stupidly high reserves which were never met. So the item goes unsold and then relisted with a BIN price someway above the highest bid.

- Pete from Botcon won an auction cheap but the seller refused to let it go.

- With the (stupidly high) $28,000 auction the seller was using every word to make it sound like this was "most likely the only chance" to ever own one despite himself having several to sell.

- He said he was a broker of the toys for an elderly couple but nope.. they were his bought at a garage or estate sale.

- I believe once the transaction broke down, some amount of refund was given to the fooled buyer on the condition of signing a Non-disclosure agreement about the whole thing. Why would you make that a condition?

If even half of the above is true I think this seller is of the worst kind, they would cut the teats off a cow just to squeeze one more drop of milk.

And I would rather z75sales, starwarsprotos, ToyHunter, etc.. be buried with these toys then ring every last cent for them.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    These are things I have heard about that seller..

- Most items on their eBay were auctions with stupidly high reserves which were never met. So the item goes unsold and then relisted with a BIN price someway above the highest bid.

- Pete from Botcon won an auction cheap but the seller refused to let it go.

- With the (stupidly high) $28,000 auction the seller was using every word to make it sound like this was "most likely the only chance" to ever own one despite himself having several to sell.

- He said he was a broker of the toys for an elderly couple but nope.. they were his bought at a garage or estate sale.

- I believe once the transaction broke down, some amount of refund was given to the fooled buyer on the condition of signing a Non-disclosure agreement about the whole thing. Why would you make that a condition?

If even half of the above is true I think this seller is of the worst kind, they would cut the teats off a cow just to squeeze one more drop of milk.

And I would rather z75sales, starwarsprotos, ToyHunter, etc.. be buried with these toys then ring every last cent for them.
    All I can is that I hope you never browse ebay!

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    It's like staring into the abyss!
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

As a G2 collector, I find these figures to be awesome! If I had that kind of money to spend on toys, I would love to get my hands on them

Have there ever been any packaging samples of Motormaster or Hot Spot shown? I know the limbs all have carded specimens out there. But I can't remember seeing any clamshell samples.

i've had a few dealings with this seller, he's been really straight up and good to deal with.... I cant say a bad thing about him.

I've bought a complete set of G2 cyberjet production samples and a G2 Snarl production sample from him.
    ( love them!!! little bits of TF history )

Budget permitting.... i'll probably buy a few more things off him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Very true. But you can set a lazy high-ish price or you can actively work your customers over for another dollar. Someone will usually buy via either selling method, its just that one method reveals the seller to be comfortable with the idea of being a jerk.

I am ok with others buying from him but this guy would most likely give someone like me buyers remorse if i hadnt heard his name before.

Funny if one day i did buy something from him tho.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

See below. Pretty much a straight up lie from the seller about only having one of these. Pete hit the nail on the head and the seller freaked, lied, then headed off any more questions of that nature by saying he'd refuse to answer them. Which is his right to do ofcourse, but he shouldn't have lied first, just refused to answer Pete's question.

Given we have a record of him saying that, who know what he said privately to any bidders,but it doesn't paint him in a trustworthy light.

Here is the post the following came from.

Originally Posted by Pete@BotCon
    Here's what I would like to know (and Karl can attest to this). Is this the only set? In my nearly 20 years of dealing with G2 protos I have found it is rare for sellers of these items to ONLY have one set. Most often than not they have 2-3 sets, sometimes more.

Originally Posted by starwarsprotos
    Thank you for asking this question somebody had made a similar statement (I've been spending the past 20 minutes scouring the past 20 pages looking for it so that I could quote from it.)

They said something about how when something like this surfaced there was very often a whole bunch of these found at once. This is not the case with the Menasor, everyone can forget about there being several of these. Look very closely at the auction, on the paperwork at one time there was two of these shipped to the United States from Hasbro's Hong Kong plant. The paperwork states quantity of "2", the declared value of $2 (anyone who ships overseas knows that any item must have a customs value of at least a dollar.) It is been my experience (I think everybody else will agree that the bigwigs at Hasbro/Kenner know exactly how rare certain items are and sharing/trading amongst insiders (executives, engineers and designers) is very commonplace. So based on the paperwork found there were two originally shipped from Hong Kong to Hasbro, who knows if the other will ever surface; if it still exists. Two of something this rare will not effect its value, several would. I think if any collector/Hasbro employee owns the other one and sees this auction at $10k they would certainly do well to post it very fast.

I am going to make it my future policy to NOT note the quantities of any of my future listings of prototypes and unreleased items, so don't ask. Suffice to say that I have a variety of items, but nothing in any great quantity to hurt anythings value on the secondary market.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

If Janda syas hes good that is more than a good enough endorsement for me. Plus that pete@botcon guy doesnt seem to have the best standing himself

I followed this very closely at the time and Everything I recall is matching up with Trents comments.

the seller makes a living from selling items like this so it's likely he is often very good to deal with and provides a good service.

I know from the thread at the time, which has had a lot of entries removed and edited since, the seller appeared to be very up front but on several occasions while not necessarily explicitly saying it was the only set, definitely alluded to the fact. I was convinced it was the only set.

It was also apparent at the time that when the seller arrived at the buyers house to deliver the set, after he'd handed the toys over (completing the transaction) he then proceeded to show the seller a picture book of his other items for sale which is when the seller noticed there was at least one other, and I'm pretty sure it was 2 or 3 extra sets.

I have had personal dealings with the buyer and I can say he is an upstanding member of the fandom.

I have no doubt that the items were legit but I also have no doubt that they were misrepresented with respect to their rarity. The transformers fandom is a fickle place, you don't go advertising something like that through a place like TFW and expect not to be pulled up on any inconsistencies.

my 2c.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)