Thread: Which MP Skywarp?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Question Which MP Skywarp?

Hi everyone,

After going through the pain of replacing orders not filled by Premium Collectables, I was just down to just MP33 Inferno and MP-11SW Skywarp. Since this was my 5th attempt at buying MP-11SW with no success, I ended up doing two things I said I wouldn't do...

1. Paying a lot more than I said I ever would.

2. Buying off eBay.

I was expecting to receive the second run version recently released for Japan via TakaraTomy Mall. The version PC should have delivered... I think that I actually received the older original run version.

1. The box appeared to be double taped (the flap was actually torn).

2. His purple is all uniform, I believe the reissue has a slightly different purple on certain parts.

3. He came with two booklets including a Chinese language version.

4. The box has a Chinese/ Hasbro.com.cn sticker stuck on the base.

However the box has no Hasbro 30th Anniversary logo which I thought was standard on the original run?

Hopefully its not a KO?

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Kranix View Post
    After going through the pain of replacing orders not filled by Premium Collectables
    Join the club. I've since repurchased all of my outstanding PC orders, but I did have to break my "not above RRP" rule with MP Dirge. Paid about $50 above RRP - but it was from a reliable seller, plus it was an in-hand purchase (i.e. I met up with the seller IRL and was able to inspect the toy upon purchase). Plus I don't think MP Dirge has been counterfeited (yet?).

Can't help you with MP SW, but best of luck. All I can do is offer you my sympathy as a fellow victim of Voldemort Collectables.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Join the club. I've since repurchased all of my outstanding PC orders, but I did have to break my "not above RRP" rule with MP Dirge. Paid about $50 above RRP - but it was from a reliable seller, plus it was an in-hand purchase (i.e. I met up with the seller IRL and was able to inspect the toy upon purchase). Plus I don't think MP Dirge has been counterfeited (yet?).

Can't help you with MP SW, but best of luck. All I can do is offer you my sympathy as a fellow victim of Voldemort Collectables.
    Thanks GoktimusPrime,

I too ended up paying more for MP Dirge than my limit but I did get a discount on Black Friday via BBTS. Pretty sure the MP coneheads have not been KO'd. I ended up picking up MP Grapple when he reappeared on HLJ and have reissue MP Megatron on order along with MP Sunstreaker.

I was in Japan last year and picked up MP Grapple and Megs from a local department store. I got lucky with Grapple as he was on sale and I got tax exemption with my Aussie passport as a tourist. MP Megs wasn't on sale so I paid full RRP (although also without tax) -- pretty expensive, but at least I got the toy.

I'll gladly pay full retail if it means getting the toy over paying a really cheap price with nothing to show.

#YodobashiCameraDelivers

I have both runs of mp-11sw but the 2nd one is sealed so I can’t compare for you but the first run skywarp did have two instruction manuals and it should have a 30th anniversary symbol on the front of the box

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    I have both runs of mp-11sw but the 2nd one is sealed so I can’t compare for you but the first run skywarp did have two instruction manuals and it should have a 30th anniversary symbol on the front of the box
    Thanks for this. I am concerned about the lack of 30th Anniversary logo!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I was in Japan last year and picked up MP Grapple and Megs from a local department store. I got lucky with Grapple as he was on sale and I got tax exemption with my Aussie passport as a tourist. MP Megs wasn't on sale so I paid full RRP (although also without tax) -- pretty expensive, but at least I got the toy.

I'll gladly pay full retail if it means getting the toy over paying a really cheap price with nothing to show.

#YodobashiCameraDelivers
    Agree! Great price means nothing if you don't actually get the item! I'm now hoping MP Inferno gets a reissue as I can't risk him with the KO being so prevalent and close to the original.