Page 28 of 76 FirstFirst ... 81823242526272829303132333848 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    So he's gone from claiming that we should have all vintage MOTU plus core FILMation, POP and NA by the end of 2014 (which would need to comprise at least 40 new toys from the unannounced half of the 2013 subscription plus 2014) to "Whether we can do 12 figures or just 6 remains to be seen."

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...oyguru-s-posts
    People are now following blindly, it doesn't matter if he comes out and says that all core characters will be done by 2014 with 3 figures per year.

Looks like the poll thread was too 'politically incorrect' and was closed:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...u-Mattel/page2

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    So he's gone from claiming that we should have all vintage MOTU plus core FILMation, POP and NA by the end of 2014 (which would need to comprise at least 40 new toys from the unannounced half of the 2013 subscription plus 2014) to "Whether we can do 12 figures or just 6 remains to be seen."

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...oyguru-s-posts
    So, he's back tracking already?

Let me get this straight... Scott/Matty didn't change a typo which meant some Subbers didn't get to vote on the fan figure (because they thought they had more time), and now he's changing the terms of the 2014 Sub promise (which is why some people bought in to 2013). It's been ONE day since the sale ended... ONE day and TWO screw ups. Seems legit

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Yeah, I fully expect my decision to Sub to come back and bite me on the ass, but it's something I plan to keep on top of. But i will be damned if I'm paying fifty+ bucks for Jitsu, dammit!
    You'll be right I still think there will be DOS figures, but either way, at least you're sorted now!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

I voted 'no' too. I loved how some people were complaining it was a public vote... why do we need to sneak around? I'm proud to say I don't trust him. The number of 'No' votes might have been higher if people were anonymous and not scared to tell the truth. I can't believe they pulled the thread that place is unbelievable. Anything negative lasts an hour, but we have countless threads dripping with self-congratulatory sentiments and that's cool. At least the 'No' votes won

2014 won't include the remainder of the vintage toys as promised? You mean to say that Toyguru lied to us to get our money? I am shocked and appalled.

T_T

Scott's answers are great...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    I guess I don't get crddit for making Photog and Keldor's swords happen?
    There he goes again! The fans have just saved his @ss (and his job, probably) and this is one of his first responses.

And how about this dismissive answer to a legitimate question...

Quote Originally Posted by Customer
    It looks like you've announced the winner but I still have the pdf of the vote information and double checked... According to it, people have until 11:59 tonight to vote.

Is there some reason the poll was closed early?

Congratulations! You purchased a Club Eternia® subscription and now you get one vote for our 2013 Fan’s Choice figure! Here's how it works:
    Click the link below to access the voting page.
    Enter the Club Eternia Voting Code in the Order Information section of your confirmation email to begin.
    Read each figure’s description and campaign slogan to find out more about them.
    Vote for the figure you think we should make.
    Poll opens 7/13 at 1 p.m. PT and closes 8/8 at 11:59 p.m. PT (don’t wait to vote because once the poll closes, there won’t be another chance).
    Check back to find out which one will be released as a monthly subscription figure in fall 2013!
    Click here to cast your vote.
    The winner is Geldor.
    Talk about not answering the question. And now even acknowledging they SCREWED up! Man, if I was a Subber who bought on the last day I would be so angry! What a sh!tty response that is!

It took another post to get him to actually answer the question...

It was supposed to close on the 6th. Noting the closing on the 8th was a mistake I missed when proofing the copy. It was always supposed to close when sales closed. I made a mistake.
    There's proof for all those Org Scott devotees... he does have "The Power" And then, his response to a customer saying it's disrespectful and probably illegal...

Yeah, I hear you, and there are arguments on both sides. but at this point since we already announced Geldor we are going forward with him as the winner.
    Translation: "Yeah I hear you... I'm just not listening! Pretty cool huh?"

And now on to MORE vehicles in MOTUC (which, I'd just like to say - we're clearly not getting any more), Scott fumbles around his contradictory answers...

At this point, the best way to support more vehicles is to buy a Windraider.
    Freezing...

Lets sell more Windraiders before we consider a second vehicle. So far we still have plenty of WR stock.
    Cold...

Alas, a vehicle takes way more work and with WR sales being so low we just can't get the resources to do another, even as a presale.
    Getting warm...

We would love to do another full vehicle but with 2013 sales just a smidge over the BARE MINIMUM and the Windraider sales where they are, it makes it a lot harder to go to management and ask for these type of resoruces.

We really needed the WR to perform better to justify more vehicles. We can only make toys if their is an audience to buy them.
    Warmer...

WR sales so low it is jut not a resource we can get right now.
    BINGO! The truth!

Imagine how much time he would save himself (and us) if he just got straight to the point and told the truth at the start. There would be no broken promises or contradictions. Just - the answers! But he just can't seem to help himself; he's either a BS artist or he's too scared to tell people for fear of inciting the wrath of geeks.

Edit: I found this gem...

Quote Originally Posted by Customer
    Dear Toy Guru, I have been trying to order subs for the motuc line for the last 48 hours (before it closed) but kept getting this error code when trying to add to cart . Error 2151021077 is an invalid value for m. I am based in the UK but I doubt this should make a difference. I have contacted customer service but with no reply. Please can you help as I like many others am committed to keeping this great line going.

Please help and I look forward to hearing from you.
    Just call customer service and they can help you out
    Bwahahahahaha Thanks for the helpful answer

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

I thought it was an interesting subject for discussion

Hi everyone, it seems this thread has become too close to the actual truth and feelings of the fandom. I don't think leaving it open is going to be tolerated by the .org upper management hand puppets.
    I fixed JonWes' quote.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I fixed JonWes' quote.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I thought it was an interesting subject for discussion

I fixed JonWes' quote.
    Nice!

They sure nailed it when they created the Matty Collector Logo, that smug smile, and crown. It's like he's the personification of the company lording it over everyone, treating customers like dirt and smiling because they'll still buy their product (with enough scare tactics) anyway.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go throw every piece of packaging with a Matty logo on it in the bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    They sure nailed it when they created the Matty Collector Logo, that smug smile, and crown. It's like he's the personification of the company lording it over everyone, treating customers like dirt and smiling because they'll still buy their product (with enough scare tactics) anyway.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go throw every piece of packaging with a Matty logo on it in the bin.
    Yeah, I remember those days when MOTUC first started... you'd have to wake up a 2am and deal with the dreaded RSOD! And all the while, that smug, arrogant cartoon face would stare at you... mocking you while you sat there helplessly... praying that you would place your order before the figures sold out.