View Poll Results: Generations Dreadwing - worth getting?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oh hells yes!

8 50.00%
  • Only if...

5 31.25%
  • Na

1 6.25%
  • I'd dread getting this toy and wing away!

2 12.50%

Thread: Toy Review - Generations G2 Dreadwing

Default Toy Review - Generations G2 Dreadwing

Series - Transformers Generations
    Sub-line – Thrilling 30
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - remould
    Wave – Wave 1 - 2014
    Released here - not yet
    Approximate Retail Price - $25
    Approximate Size – 16cm
    Allegiance – G2 Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Stealth Bomber
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Battle Cannon
    Main Colours – Dark blue, Light blue
    Main Accessories – Battle Cannon

Robot Mode

A good use of the IDW Megatron mould, the new headscuplt and colour scheme are very reminiscent of G2 Dreadwing and the cockpit in the chest adds to this, though a shame his cannon cant be affixed to the shoulder. Very good rendition of the comic version of Dreadwing, though of course it was based on the toy rather than the other way around so that should be no surprise. He is fairly small, but because it is Dreadwing instead of Megatron it is somehow less irritating.

Stealth Bomber Mode
    Sleek and stylish. The hiding of the light blue parts and bringing the dark blue, silver and black to prominence make the colour scheme on the bomber more attractive than the robot. Certainly one of the better TF stealth bomber toys there has been.

Transformation

Fairly easy, not too difficult, lots of little clips to put him together tightly in stealth bomber mode. The wings becoming the battle cannon are a good touch.

Worth Getting?
    Well it’s a good shout out to G2, a good shout out to IDW and a good figure overall so I’d say yes . And of course there is the free comic book to enjoy which adds to the fairly competitive pricing (even if all Dreadwing does is die and come back to life in it ).

Man those colours are awful! Reminds me of the early 90s. So G2 accurate - I love it!
    I haven't been able to find one at an acceptable price yet. According to the AU Checklist thread this toy should be coming out in Australia, so hopefully I can find one locally.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Man those colours are awful! Reminds me of the early 90s. So G2 accurate - I love it!
    I haven't been able to find one at an acceptable price yet. According to the AU Checklist thread this toy should be coming out in Australia, so hopefully I can find one locally.
    Really, it's coming out here! I don't believe that!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Hope all that stuff reaches here.

Mine is a lot looser in the joints than my Megatron figure, but poses alright.

Transformation requires a lot of tabs, but once all in the correct spot it looks great. Weapon is ingenious and the robot mode is very threatening and menacing considering how small it is.

Colours are beautiful and garish.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Very nice toy, with very nice paint, highly recommended.(thumbs up)