12 57.14%
  • Maybe

4 19.05%
  • No

2 9.52%
  • Not interested

3 14.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Age of Extinction Snarl (Generations)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's the frootloop parade... where's Sam Toucan?

(The Gen1 Dinobots were so colour coordinated... it makes you wonder why Retailers were happy back then, but now demand eye-catching colours over screen-accurate or even "realistic" colours.)
    It shows how much attention span has declined dramatically among generations of kids.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    It shows how much attention span has declined dramatically among generations of kids.
    Yes, by all means, let's paint everything GREY. That won't be boring for everyone at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Yes, by all means, let's paint everything GREY. That won't be boring for everyone at all.
    At least they'd be somewhat screen accurate & not remind me of Barney so much

Love the little fella so much I both paid full price for him and now have him sitting in centre stage on my desk in dino mode. Suffice to say the 8 year olds I teach were intrigued by his appearance and the replacement of Cybertron Armourhide!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I like the colours. I actually didn't mind the visible hand in the dino foot, but when I transformed him into robot mode I had a WTF moment... Those hands are just lazy design. I physically can't get my hands into the position his hands sit in. The only way to get the weapons to face forward when he's holding them is to put his arms right back behind him. Poor, just very very poor.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I really like this figure - the transformation is good and reminiscent of G1 Snarl, the colour scheme is one of the few for the AOE Dinobots that looks good and suits the alt-mode and his Stegosaurus mode is fantastic! Really pleased with him overall, a very good job! The only thing I'm not that keen on is his robot head and his elbow articulation.

Got all the AOE Dinobots now and he has edged out Scorn as being my fav

I just got the Platinum Edition one with the G1-esque head yesterday, and...yeah. Not a fan of those arms, especially the wrists. Also thought the axe plates could store on his back so he'd have just the tail-club, but nope.

Glad I've got him to complete my Odieverse Dinobots, but he's a bit lacklustre as an actual toy and will realistically be staying in alt-mode most of the time.

Is Power of the Primes Snarl not good enough for the Odieverse? I think that toy is much better than Age of Extinction Snarl; and it's properly based on G1 and also a Deluxe Class figure. Heck, I'd argue that even Cyberverse Snarl is a better toy.

So, months later and I actually transformed him, and...he's annoying. Dino mode looks cool but that's his only selling point, and it's irritating because with just a few changes he could have been decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Is Power of the Primes Snarl not good enough for the Odieverse? I think that toy is much better than Age of Extinction Snarl; and it's properly based on G1 and also a Deluxe Class figure. Heck, I'd argue that even Cyberverse Snarl is a better toy.
    Just saw this, the trouble is for my Dinobots I'm going for roughly in-scale in alt-mode apart from Swoop 'cos pterosaurs weren't all that big, and AoE Snarl is the closest match to my other Dinobots size-wise. Plus that dinky tail is annoying - at least this guy has a decent thagomizer. So it's the Animated trio, this guy, and FansToys Stomp. AoE Snarl also sort of works with the whole 'hates his alt-mode/new body' character angle, but it's sad that his body actually does suck here.

What about Studio Series Snarl? As Tetsuwan Convoy said, it has an amazing presence.

You're never going to find any set of Dinobots that scale accurately in dino mode though; especially Sludge who's always undersized as Brontosaurus were massive IRL.

(1 square = 1m^2)