View Poll Results: Did you see it coming?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 87.27%
  • No

5 9.09%
  • Other (specify)

2 3.64%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (HUGE SPOILERS) RotF plot poll (HUGE SPOILERS)

Default (HUGE SPOILERS) RotF plot poll (HUGE SPOILERS)

MASSIVE ROTF PLOT SPOILER

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

You were warned

When Optimus Prime was killed - at that moment (and not later on), did you think they would bring him back by the end of the film or were you unsure?

When I saw Prime die I thought to myself that I would be very surprised if he's not ressurected by the end of the film (or in a sequel) because we all know what happened when they killed Prime in 1986.

I was actually unsure but the back of my mind, there's another 90 minutes (or so) to go and I thought who is going to carry out the fight against the Fallen??

I had it in my mind, because like you said, who was going to fight the fallen?

Bloody awesome movie though.

Now here is the big question,

Did anyone else almost, or did cry when it happened?

I know I was on the verge

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post

Did anyone else almost, or did cry when it happened?

I know I was on the verge
    yep, on the verge... but i almost literally wet my pants on a couple of scenes

I knew he would be revived the second he was killed. It was bleeding obvious.

Was not impressed by the way the Armed Forces treated his body, just dumping it at the Base. At least he got some parachutes when he was dropped over Egypt/Jordan.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I had no doubt for even a microsecond that Optimus was going to be brought back later and I didn't care that he was dead. (And his inevitable resurrection was made even more obvious by a variety of ROTF 'toy spoilers' [things his ROTF toy can do that he hadn't yet done when he died.]) His death was weak - this incarnation of Optimus has done little to make the audience care about him and the only things that really justify the efforts that everyone goes to to bring him back are:

a.) He's the biggest Autobot.
    b.) Being a Prime is apparently 'special'... for some magic MacGuffiny reason and
    c.) Presumably all the soldiers respect and are in awe of Optimus from their two years of working with him between the films.

I was leagues sadder about Jetfire's tragic sacrifice. At least Jetfire actually got developed enough for me to care about him. (I liked it that this movie made the designation of 'Seekers' make sense for the first time.)

Because the fact that i havent seen jetfire and optimus combine yet, so i thought that he will be ressurected. and yes i kinda felt sad when he got killed and nope *alright just say yes* and yes i did almost cry hehehe.

Well thankfully Im not a spoiler avoider . Prime Dying is so passe already cant they think of anything else more... sigh its as precdictable as Autobots being good and Decepticons, bad... except in Shattered Glass universe
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I personaly think Primes death was handeled really well and for a moment I was lost in the moment and shocked an suprised. Sure I knew he'd be back some day but I wasn't sure it would be this movie for a moment. About 5 minutes later I recalled the Jetfire Prime combination and knew he'd be back by the end of the movie.

But for the average movie goer who isn't privy to such knowledge I think the scene worked well. The forrest battle is my favourte.

Crab Megs claw blast rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    But for the average movie goer who isn't privy to such knowledge I think the scene worked well. The forrest battle is my favourte.

Crab Megs claw blast rocks!
    Prime's meat hooks were awesome in that fight.

Still would have been nice to know where the hell the Blackout clone came from.
    I get that they probably wanted to re-use the cgi model from the first film to get their money's worth, but the guy just appears from nowhere, and then dies, just so Prime could kill something before being taken out.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)