Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: AusPost launching a US mail forwarding service

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's not DHL or Australia Post... it's the airport luggage-handlers (in that video), who have no accountability or responsibility to treat the "luggage" with any element of care. Particularly if *their* bosses have them on a tight schedule or don't pay them enough to take pride in their work.

It's probably why Australia Post stopped having "fragile" stickers, because they know how the airport workers operate... and figured that they couldn't do anything about it, or couldn't risk the airport workers refusing to handle their freight in retaliation.
    I realise it's not Aus post that is directly responsible for this... I was merely jesting at the possibility that the same airport sub contractors in that video handled my parcel. If they are so hard done by when it comes to pay and gratitude for the job they are doing then they should look for another job instead of taking it out on other peoples property. In my job when I'm stumped by a a particularly difficult issue or get some pressure from my boss to complete certain tasks in certain time frames I don't start flinging my users computers around the room

I agree entirely. I just remember the mentality people had at my last job (Coles Warehouse) that the property wasn't theirs, so they didn't take much care with the stock or the equipment, because there was negligible supervision, so it was easy to walk away from a mess or damage equipment and not be held accountable for it.
    (people would only get into trouble if it was something significant, or something they owned up to... hence, the incentive to say nothing, because people with honour and respect would get into more trouble AND paid less)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    You'd pay US postage costs, but it'd be cheaper and for sites like Amazon that have free US shipping options that *might* mean $0 (depends if those free shipping options have any exclusions)
    It would work well for TFSource.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Shipping email to my suite confirmed
    Now to see how Aust Post handle the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Shipping email to my suite confirmed
    Now to see how Aust Post handle the rest
    Your such an Awesome Guinea Pig
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Your such an Awesome Guinea Pig

For those of us playing at home, my parcel is still doing happy laps in the US on its way to Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post

For those of us playing at home, my parcel is still doing happy laps in the US on its way to Oregon
    you need to sedate them before you ship them.... otherwise they run away
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Also, take time to read their shipping restrictions and their Rates and Fees.

Fortunately the batteries in Transformers toys aren't Lithium based, but if they ever do, those might have a problem.
    Looks like it doesn't seem to matter what type of batteries are in the toys, as I was trying to send an older Movie toy in the mail to China, and I was called back the next day because it was rejected. They said that they don't accept any batteries in mail that has to go by air (which also affects mail to and from Perth and the east coast)... so I looked up their dangerous goods PDF, which is dated 2009, and it says that non-lithium batteries like the ones that come pre-packed in our toys, are okay in airmail, provided they are removed and stored separately within the package.

I don't know how they found out that there were a couple of button cell batteries in this toy (they must xray outgoing mail as well as incoming), but it means that if you want to sell a Transformers toy with electronics to someone overseas, you can't sell it as a sealed electronic toy if you use Australia Post.

This make selling on ebay even more frustrating than it already was.
    If you need to post one intact to another country, you might have to look at courier services... to see if any of them don't have this sort of restriction, because I never have this problem with American carriers. (and I'm not going to mention it to the post office, in case they start screening all my incoming mail too)

If this becomes a more vigilant issue with other carriers and even with flying, it is going to become impossible to bring into Australia electronic gimmick Transformers (by post or in person as luggage on a plane)... leaving us to pay high local prices, or miss out on them completely if they don't get released here by Hasbro Australia.

This seems like it is going to be expensive for any items that are big but not heavy. AusPost seems to calculate costs by cubic weight. To give you an example, Fortress Maximus has box dimensions of 60 x 40 x 22.5 cm and weighs 4.8kgs. However, according to cubic weight, he weights (60 x 40 x 22.5)/5,000 = 10.8kgs.

Assuming that we don;t even take into account packaging and box dimensions for however Forty is being transported, this equates to a difference of 6kgs between actual weight and cost weigh. In other words it will cost at least $155.85 to have him forwarded here.

That huge difference in cubic weight v actual weight is going to be the killer for any boxed transformers imho.

Edit: On a side note if it turns out your parcel weighs more than the cubic weight, they charge actual weight. What a shock it doesn't work the other way...

Looks like it doesn't seem to matter what type of batteries are in the toys, as I was trying to send an older Movie toy in the mail to China, and I was called back the next day because it was rejected. They said that they don't accept any batteries in mail that has to go by air (which also affects mail to and from Perth and the east coast)... so I looked up their dangerous goods PDF, which is dated 2009, and it says that non-lithium batteries like the ones that come pre-packed in our toys, are okay in airmail, provided they are removed and stored separately within the package.

I don't know how they found out that there were a couple of button cell batteries in this toy (they must xray outgoing mail as well as incoming), but it means that if you want to sell a Transformers toy with electronics to someone overseas, you can't sell it as a sealed electronic toy if you use Australia Post.

This make selling on ebay even more frustrating than it already was.
    If you need to post one intact to another country, you might have to look at courier services... to see if any of them don't have this sort of restriction, because I never have this problem with American carriers. (and I'm not going to mention it to the post office, in case they start screening all my incoming mail too)

If this becomes a more vigilant issue with other carriers and even with flying, it is going to become impossible to bring into Australia electronic gimmick Transformers (by post or in person as luggage on a plane)... leaving us to pay high local prices, or miss out on them completely if they don't get released here by Hasbro Australia.
    The post office had a note on the box as the cause of rejection - containing prohibited goods, being Lithium batteries. So I told them about non-lithium batteries being permitted (I just didn't mention that they should be removed from the item), and was allowed to write on the contents description that there was 2 AA non-lithium batteries inside.
    Now to see if that gets rejected by the sorting centre.
    If it does, I will have to see if courier companies can take it... and see how much extra it will cost.