Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ToysRUs 'Our biggest toy sale of the year!' catalogue. 21 June - 11 July

I went to TRau the day before the sale as it was the only time I was in a capital city.

If I'd been another day after I could have saved $10 on my two RID figures

FatalityPitt Guest

Hmmm.. I don't suppose the stores will begin stocking TR Cosmos and Seaspray before the 11th?

Didn't want to start a thread for 1 item that I could see
    On sale from 12/07-25/07

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    Really annoyed, so I put the RID Warriors on lay-by at TRU for $25 each and I found them today at Big W for $20 each. I called up TRU to ask if they can price-match and adjust the lay-by amount, they said they can't. I had two options:

1) Either cancel the lay-by and lose a $10 cancellation fee and start a new one with the newly adjusted price-match or
    2) Complete the lay-by now and then they will refund the difference.

I don't really want to complete the lay-by now because it's supposed to give me time to pay them off. Grrr.
    I think the big W price might be continuing past the sale, it's not advertised I don't think. it's just their new shelf price, even for the latest waves. you might be able to wait if your willing to risk it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I think the big W price might be continuing past the sale, it's not advertised I don't think. it's just their new shelf price, even for the latest waves. you might be able to wait if your willing to risk it.
    Correct, the $20 price on RiD Warriors at BigW is a permanent price drop not a sale price, was in place well before their toy sale, and will persist after the toy sale ends

Big w's price on warriors at $20 is its standard price. Considering the longest time period is 6 months warriors should still be around allowing you to price match them once you are able to pull your lay buy

Edit: just realised this had been responded to on the page after (whoops)

Squeaks looks cute, but I would watch a YouTube review before buying. The only word he seems to be able to speak is chihuahua which might get pretty annoying after awhile.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Correct, the $20 price on RiD Warriors at BigW is a permanent price drop not a sale price, was in place well before their toy sale, and will persist after the toy sale ends
    Quote Originally Posted by CaminusPrime View Post
    Big w's price on warriors at $20 is its standard price. Considering the longest time period is 6 months warriors should still be around allowing you to price match them once you are able to pull your lay buy

Edit: just realised this had been responded to on the page after (whoops)
    Thanks guys! No worries I had a win-win situation! So just a couple of days after I complained I went to TRU Knox where my lay-by was and the girl was nice enough to suggest to me how to fix things. I basically paid off for my full lay-by and then she did a refund and put the whole same lot on lay-by again for the discounted price of $20 each. So I landed up saving about $30-40 bucks including the set-up fee which was free during the toy sale period.

Also managed to get them to price match the new TLK Voyagers Hound and Megatron for Big W's $35 sale price before the sale ends today.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Good to hear! And now after that quality customer service, we'll all likely go back to TRU for more product in the future, with less hesitation than we would have otherwise.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

That was good of that TRU personnel. Glad it turned out well Mel
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]