View Poll Results: GEN FOC Jazz - worth buying?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 64.71%
  • Only if...

4 23.53%
  • No

2 11.76%
  • Not even interested

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations FOC Autobot Jazz

Default Toy Review - Generations FOC Autobot Jazz

(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details to start you off)

Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Fall of Cybertron
    Size/class - Deluxe
    Wave - 1
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Released here - Should be soon (in Asia - June 2012, US - July 2012)
    Approximate Retail Price - $25-$30
    Approximate Size - 13cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Cybertonian Racer
    Main Features/Gimmicks - none
    Main Colours - white, dark blue
    Main Accessories - Blaster pistol

Maybe I got a dodgy Jazz, but the small tabs on the arm are very weak and one has already snapped off. The general feel of the transformation reminds me of the ROTF scouts, and the small size adds to that.

Would have been good if they'd included some sort of grappling hook gimmick weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

Would have been good if they'd included some sort of grappling hook gimmick weapon.
    tru dat! FOC shockwaves weapon that looks like an ingame weapon is a very nice touch.

I was initially nonplussed with this guy but I have to admit he is really growing on me. I like how the gun is a mix of the g1 gun and the g1 missile.

the ratcheting ankles and knees make for some good poseability If you have it posed right the sunken neck head appearance can't really be seen. and he carries over that large chested appearance from the G1 character.

Like all the FOC character I've opened (this one and shockwave) the transformation is fairly simple but there is an elegance that makes it unfrustrating while still keeping it interesting enough. those who actually play with their transformers will enjoy these guys more than the revenge of the fallen toys simply becuse the transformation is quicker.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Any obvious thing that Hasbro neglects to do ends up as a 3rd party accessory.

Maybe I got a dodgy Jazz, but the small tabs on the arm are very weak and one has already snapped off. The general feel of the transformation reminds me of the ROTF scouts, and the small size adds to that.
    Same thing happened to mine. Super glued it back on and it snapped right off again.

Nice toy but something irks me about the head, neck, chest area.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    the ratcheting ankles and knees make for some good poseability...
    Really? I found the ratcheting ankles an annoyance, as they don't allow the ankle to bend forwards at all, which I would much prefer over the way it can move backwards.

Of all the FOC toys I think I was most disappointed with this one. I suspect it's due to me wanting this toy to be so good and it's not. The robot mode has holes in it and the vehicle mode has holes in it too.

I find Jazz to my favourite of the Wave 1 FoC toys... but not necessarily because it's an awesome toy, but because I find the other two more disappointing. Shockwave's not too bad, and I find Optimus Prime to be the most disappointing. The ankles bug me too, as do the shoulders... they need a greater range of movement to strike more dynamic poses.

Woah. Didn't like this one and I'm usually quite forgiving. The elbow tabs broke off and one of them was already broken when I got it! NOT GOOD ENGINEERING. Sorry Hasbro.

The amount of open space in robot mode (neck, belly) and the open area on the rear of the vehicle exposing the hands is just awful. The use of single piece parts instead of sandwiched parts expose all the cost-cutting done. The plastic feels flimsy, the transformation basic. It feels like a KO with it's cheap feeling plastic and "enlarged" scout engineering. I personally feel this is an insult to a fan.

Luckily it's wave mates OP and SW were much much better. Even then, these are a mere shadow to the WfC figures.

Thumbs down. If this was a scout, yes, all it's flaws are acceptable. But for a deluxe and a major character - FAIL.

Gotta say, not too fond of this one, (it takes alot to make me dislike a transformer toy) the plastic feels cheap almost like he's a knock off, he feels flimsy and a little on the small side in robot mode, and then absolutely tiny in vehicle mode, and I'm not fond of how hollow his torso is in robot mode. but at the same time there is some charm to that little "car" and I can't bring myself to fully hate it but it's definately not one of my favourates

I say only get it if you are a completist and you can get it for a good price

also i was just transforming him again and one of those tiny tabs on his forearms to lock them inplace in vehicle mode snapped right off

Those tabs are ridiculous. Finding an unbroken loose one is going to be impossible in a few years time.

The more I play with it the more it feels like a Scout to me. It reminds me of the Dead End/Nightbeat and Breakdown/Oilpan toys from ROTF (and similar ones from that era). Flip the legs up, swing the arms back, unfold the back and tab things into place. It's a simple scout-like transformation at a deluxe size (almost).

One positive note. At first I didn't like the fake wheels in robot mode, but looking at Jazz in vehicle mode it's quite plausible that those aren't 'fake' wheels. It's possible that a Cybertronian car actually has six wheels with two located in the centre-rear or the vehicle. Might make the car more stable and manoeuvrable.