Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New Transformers Club and HASCON convention announced for 2017

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Erm, gonna ask this, but what series are in this Prime Wars trilogy thingo again? I see nothing that really links stuff together...
    Prime Wars Trilogy? It consists of Combiner Wars (part 1), Titans Return (part 2), and Power of the Primes (part 3).

CW deluxes came in six waves, and for TR; we've seen Wave 5 and one figure in Wave 6 (Slugslinger), so we're pretty close to the end of TR. We should see the last of the TR figures at SDCC in July.

Maybe an indication of slow ticket sales, or maybe just a promotion they always had planned... Hasbro have posted up a discount code for walk-in tickets, making them a third off the single day tickets ($20 off the $60 adult ticket, $10 off the $30 youth ticket). If the same amount comes off the 3-day ticket, it would be cheaper buying three single day tickets (at $120), than a discounted 3-day ticket ($145... which is supposed to be the discounted option compared to single day tickets).
    Too bad for those who already bought day tickets, as the offer doesn't apply to previous purchases.

Susan Blu (voice of Arcee) has been added to the Transformers guest roster for HasCon, while Stan Bush has been noted as doing a concert at the event.
    Only a month left to go.

Isabella Moner from the fifth Transformers Movie has also been announced as a guest at Hascon.
    (the press release also notes that rapper Flo Rida is performing at the convention, as well as a couple of sports stars.... what the heck do they have to do with Hasbro?)

A new guest has been announced - Mark Wahlberg, at the Last Knight panel and VIP dinner.

This is the difference a Hasbro convention can make, as they can afford expensive guests like this. Not that the show would make a profit, but it will be great publicity to the media and general public.
    Not that the event can guarantee the $600 attendees, access to the two events he will be in.

(They really should have started with the big names first, instead of first announcing guests like chewbacca mom.)
    Last edited by griffin; 18th August 2017 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    (They really should have started with the big names first, instead of first announcing guests like chewbacca mom.)
    But at least the disappointment of Chewbacca Mom is over now, imagine if the had finished with that. There really should have just been a 'and these other people will be here' list.

Have you changed your mind yet on whether or not you're going?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Have you changed your mind yet on whether or not you're going?
    Nah, there's too much risk with spending all that money to not be guaranteed access to events... and I would rather see how it turns out from other fans I know, to see if it was even worth going as a Transformers fan (the percentage of time spent on Transformers events over the 3-day weekend isn't huge, and I wouldn't value the other brands to make it worth wasting the rest of the time looking for things to do... and the dealer room is likely to suck, with a similarly small proportion being Transformers toys).

If I hadn't been out of work for 3 months earlier this year, I probably would have considered it, and just spent a fair bit of time exploring the east coast cities like New York, Washington DC and Philadelphia.... to make sure it offset any disappointment that might occur at the convention.

You definitely made the right call I think. easier to pick up the exclusive(s) on ebay, and arcee is an early release anyway so no one should be missing out. I am positive Takara would release her anyway
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I wouldn't mind the star wars black series captain rex figure if anyone does end up going

The Convention starts this Friday, and the schedule has been posted up.

The Transformers elements have been isolated and listed here (with a full lineup of the guests and activities of all their brands).

FRIDAY
    11:30AM - More than Meets the Eye
    12:30PM - IDW - Transformers Comics: How Artists and Writers Bring Stories to Life
    1:30PM - Takara Tomy Autograph Session
    2:30PM - From Unicron to Megatron - Explore the Villains of Transformers
    4PM - IDW Autograph Session

SATURDAY
    10AM - Stan Bush Autograph Session (TRANSFORMERS Brand Area)
    12PM - PETER AND FRANK SOUND OFF: The Voices of Optimus Prime & Megatron!
    3PM - TRANSFORMERS: 'THE LAST KNIGHT' in the Making
    4PM - Peter Cullen and Frank Welker - Autograph session
    5PM - Susan Blu Autograph Session (TRANSFORMERS Brand Area)
    6:30PM - TRANSFORMERS: Special Dinner Event (VIP or Add-On Ticket Purchase Required)

SUNDAY
    10AM - Stan Bush Autograph Session (TRANSFORMERS Brand Area)
    11AM - THE PRIME WARS TRILOGY: See the story come to life!
    12PM - PETER AND FRANK SOUND OFF: The Voices of Optimus Prime & Megatron!
    12:45PM - Susan Blu Autograph Session (TRANSFORMERS Brand Area)
    1PM - IDW - Transformers Comics: How Artists and Writers Bring Stories to Life
    2PM - The Women of Transformers
    2PM - Peter Cullen and Frank Welker - Autograph session
    3PM - More than Meets the Eye
    It might look like a full 3 days for Transformers, but half of that is just Autograph sessions, and three of the 10 panels are repeats.
    It's basically just 3 hours on Friday, 2 hours and dinner on Saturday, and 2 hours on Sunday (3 panels are repeats). That's less than the amount of hours BotCon has on a Saturday... and for less money you get two extra days of activities, two nights of activities, and 6 or 7 toys included.