Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First look at Generations Snaptrap/Turtler

I just hope they don't do something like make a Legends Class Targetmaster instead of giving us five Deluxes for Piranacon.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    Nautilator and Skalor are the only ones I have a bit of a question mark about.
    Assuming they are getting remoulds not just repaints, Nautilator would be easy with the swoop/cutthroat mould. Legs where the wings would be and stick some claws on his new "beak".

Wouldn't Skalor just use Rippersnapper?

There was a neat custom someone did for this awhile back. I'll try find the image later.

It's possible that they might devise 2 or 3 new moulds and reuse at least one of them, which is what we saw with the POTP Dinobots. Swoop, Snarl and Slug were all new moulds with Slug retooled as Sludge and Snarl retooled as Sinnertwin. So it's possible that they might create at new moulds and retool some of them as another Seacon or other Transformer character.

There is also the potential to repaint these as God Neptune, and possibly even creating a new God Neptune member with Nautilator.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    It would be crazy of them to put this much effort into Snaptrap, and then not do the rest - but keeping in mind that Hasbro did do a strange 'solo' release of Scattorshot, with a very Superion combined mode torso, before both Takara and Hasbro released different versions of the same team (with very different Strafe and Nosecone versions, and a further remolded Scattershot on the Takara end).
    I highly doubt they would do Snap Trap and not the rest of the Seacons. In fact I’d say there is almost zero chance of it happening, especially given how popular King Poseidon was in the JPG1 Cartoon.

Detailed comparison between the UW and CW Technobots. Ah, the golden years where there were significant enough differences between the TT and Hasbro releases to make it worth getting both.

Don’t know if we will get all 5 limbs but I think it likely in one form or another. In the end, between the various releases, the Aerialbots, Stunticons and Protectobots all got 5 limb characters. They may follow suit here and release 4 limb characters, with the 5th being released down the line as an exclusive.

But if they were to do a boxset release containing all 6 characters, then I could see them shrinking one bot down to become a permanent gun, like CW Shockwave with the Combaticon boxset.