Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263141 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Rangers

Arrow

Have you seen how Saban is cutting back budgets on all actors? They asked one actor back and then rejected them the next week! Plus the Disney actors most are not getting asked to come back at all.

It's funny you mention mystic force, my friend is good friends with firas Durani who was the red ranger in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    Have you seen how Saban is cutting back budgets on all actors? They asked one actor back and then rejected them the next week! Plus the Disney actors most are not getting asked to come back at all.
    Yeah, apparently some budget issues. Doesn't really both me personally. I mean, the titanium ranger? Not good enough to be brought back in any other anniversary team-up but now people throw a hissy?

It's funny you mention mystic force, my friend is good friends with firas Durani who was the red ranger in it.
    I was kind of shocked when I first found that out.

Yeah my friend dated his brother while they are all
    In high school.
    Yeah I never counted the titanium ranger as a ranger really. Seemed stupid as he was barely in any episodes and for the gokaiger mobirates they would have to create a new mild for it. I say if the MMPR movie was not cannon nor was the rangers who didn't appear in the super sentai series.

The whole Megaforce thing is great for the fans. We're finally getting clarification from crew and cast of things that happened in the past that have been rumoured for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    Yeah I never counted the titanium ranger as a ranger really. Seemed stupid as he was barely in any episodes and for the gokaiger mobirates they would have to create a new mild for it. I say if the MMPR movie was not cannon nor was the rangers who didn't appear in the super sentai series.
    The movie is not considered cannon because it does not fit in with the main TV series, not because it isn't in the Sentai.

The TV show completely disregards the events of the movie and shows the Rangers getting their Ninja powers in a completely different way, from a completely different source, and from a completely different person.

If you make the Movie cannon you have to make the start of Season 3 non-cannon. They either get their Ninja powers from Ninjor (S3 in ) or from Dulcea on Phaedos (Movie). They simply have to be seperate continuities.

It is much like how the Iron Man movies are not cannon with the Iron Man comics. At the end of the day, the Movie is best summed up as being another take on the material from the TV show.

Also, if you say the Titanium ranger is non-cannon for simply not being in the Sentai, you also have to ignore the Phantom Ranger (Turbo), the A-Squad (SPD), the Elephant, Bat, and Shark Rangers (Jungle Fury).

And then you would also have to consider the non-sentai things. The Ninja forms from MMPR S3, most (if not all) of the Battlizers, and stacks of other weapons, villans, supporting characters, and well, you might as well get rid of it all and just have Super Sentai dubbed.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I pre-ordered Ryuuranger and Kibaranger so I hope we get the other 4 to go with them. But then I look at all of the other unfinished teams they've released and I get a little sad.

Gokaiger and Shinkenger teams are finished. Dekaranger team needs Pink and Yellow and Break. Pink and Yellow have been shown off before. Swan and Master if you want the extras. Bouken Blue and Black are being released in October, so that just leaves Pink and Yellow.

And the entire Jetman, Deka, Bouken teams were used in the first episode of Akibaranger, and the entire Zyuranger team was shown in advertisements during the premier too.

So at least they exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Also, if you say the Titanium ranger is non-cannon for simply not being in the Sentai, you also have to ignore the Phantom Ranger (Turbo), the A-Squad (SPD), the Elephant, Bat, and Shark Rangers (Jungle Fury).
    Well... technically Phantom Ranger exist in Super Sentai. He is the VRV Master, Dappu's dad. And he provided Carranger with VRV Robo.

Quote Originally Posted by gekisou View Post
    Well... technically Phantom Ranger exist in Super Sentai. He is the VRV Master, Dappu's dad. And he provided Carranger with VRV Robo.
    Ah. Fair enough.

The point still stands though. Whether a character was in the Sentai or not should not affect if it is part of Power Rangers cannon as they are 2 different shows.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    And the entire Jetman, Deka, Bouken teams were used in the first episode of Akibaranger, and the entire Zyuranger team was shown in advertisements during the premier too.

So at least they exist?
    I forgot about that! My brain just focused on Hurricane Red.

Hopefully they'll start releasing more 2-packs like that Boukenblue and black set to finish off teams. Beet and Stag Buster, please. Thanks.