Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Transformer school bags

Default Looking for Transformer school bags

Hello,

I am a new member. My son is 5 and absolutely loves anything to do with transformers. He is starting school next year and I would like to get him some transformer stuff like a bag, lunchbox and drink bottle.

I'm just wondering if there is a shop that sells these other than Ebay (which i will look at if I can't find anywhere else)

TIA

Hi Tia,

these days with the popularity of Transformers there is good likelihood of finding licensed items at places like Big W, Target and K mart though if there is anything out there right now that meets your needs I have no real Idea.

A year or so ago there were some 'classic' tin lunch boxes available at Kings Comics in the Sydney CBD however they were of very low quality construction.

There is a new chain of stores in Sydney called Zing. They are a pop culture store and may be able to get something like that in for you, they are owned by EB Games so if you have a local EB they might have something, though EB traditionally only stocks game related merchandise.

Another alternative would be show bags, though those things don't usually stand up to the rigours of school.

Perhaps if you can't find anything right now, wait till the new year school stationary sales start, you are more likely to find merch like that then, even at Officeworks.

Hopefully you're successful in kitting your son out with some cool gear!
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Hi Tia,

these days with the popularity of Transformers there is good likelihood of finding licensed items at places like Big W, Target and K mart though if there is anything out there right now that meets your needs I have no real Idea.

A year or so ago there were some 'classic' tin lunch boxes available at Kings Comics in the Sydney CBD however they were of very low quality construction.

There is a new chain of stores in Sydney called Zing. They are a pop culture store and may be able to get something like that in for you, they are owned by EB Games so if you have a local EB they might have something, though EB traditionally only stocks game related merchandise.

Another alternative would be show bags, though those things don't usually stand up to the rigours of school.

Perhaps if you can't find anything right now, wait till the new year school stationary sales start, you are more likely to find merch like that then, even at Officeworks.

Hopefully you're successful in kitting your son out with some cool gear!
    eBay or online might be another option

EB Games/Zing stock a metallic drink bottle with a G1 Optimus Prime. Currently on sale but available in store only.

https://ebgames.com.au/loot-200864-T...e---750mL-Loot

If you get stuck finding something locally and want some help from overseas let me know. There are still Bumblebee (and occasionally Optimus) schoolbags floating around some of the stores here in Hong Kong, although they aren't cheap... a shop down the road has an Age of Extinction Bumblebee bag and it is HK$250 (AU$43)!!

As a mum myself I know how hard and important little things like this can be.
    Alternatively if you can't find an appropriate school bag, why not think about a few Transformers embellishments on a regular school bag - eg some Transformers key chains or sew on patches. My son has to use a regulation school logo school bag so he has an Optimus keychain on it to make it his Transformer's bag.

Last time I was home in Sydney (Aug last year) Big W actually had some Transformers stuff so you never know your luck.
    I do have to say the Age of Extinction Tranformers showbag bag has lasted pretty well for my kids. They use them all the time when we're out and about and I even had someone beg to buy the bag off my daughters back!

Good luck with your hunt!

As someone who's personally used Transformers bags, I must warn you that they are of pretty cheap quality and not very durable. My daughter also used a Transformers bag for her Saturday language school when she was in Kindy, but it ended up breaking.

My advice would be to get a proper school bag; perhaps one sold in your son's school's uniform shop (as the money would also help to support the school). You could then purchase something like some Transformers keyholders to clip onto the schoolbag.

I personally try to use as much TF merchandise as possible in my daily life, but sadly I find that a lot of the licensed merch is just rubbish.

BBTS has classics lunch boxes.

A couple of years ago you could get cheap movie backpacks everywhere, might be able to find them cheap on eBay

Can't think of any physical shop that stocks such things at the moment - RID is not proving popular enough yet to get clothing and Misc lines based on it
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 22nd June 2016 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    BBTS has classics lunch boxes.

A couple of years ago you could get cheap movie backpacks everywhere, might be able to find them cheap on eBay

Can't think of any physical shop that stocks suck things at the moment - RID is not proving popular enough yet to get clothing and Misc lines based on it yet
    Those lunch boxes are the same as the ones I saw at Kings Comics, not worth $2.
    they can barely support their own weight, the sheet metal is wafer thin, with the cheapest hollow rivets holding the handle on. the one I looked at had at least one of the rivets fallen out already.

Do not buy these.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Those lunch boxes are the same as the ones I saw at Kings Comics, not worth $2.
    they can barely support their own weight, the sheet metal is wafer thin, with the cheapest hollow rivets holding the handle on. the one I looked at had at least one of the rivets fallen out already.

Do not buy these.
    Hmmm, I've nearly bought them a bunch of times - cheers for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Hmmm, I've nearly bought them a bunch of times - cheers for the advice
    No worries, the art on them is stunning, it's a damn shame the materials are so rubbish. I nearly bought them anyway just for the artwork, but I couldn't think of a way of storing them without damaging them.