Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mattel Collector Exclusives

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Posted some pics of He-man here

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Well I ordered what I wanted. Came to just on $90 AUD shipped for 3 figures so not a bargain but not too bad.
    Chose Inernational Post over UPS...was 5x cheaper but I think I might be waiting a while for delivery.

Skelly is officially SOLD OUT!

That's amazing - he went on sale less than 2 weeks ago!

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Skelly is officially SOLD OUT!

That's amazing - he went on sale less than 2 weeks ago!
    Oh man. Lucky I ordered mine last night. Bet it get's scalped heavily.
    There was a 10 figure maximum on orders of him.

That's a cool bio for him. Turns out he's He-Man's uncle.

Skeletor® Bio

Mortally wounded in battle with his half-brother Captain Randor™, Keldor™ turned to his dark-arts master Hordak™ to save his life. Merging Keldor™ with the extra-dimensional being Demo-Man™ from Despondos™, Keldor™ was forever changed into Skeletor®, Overlord of Evil™! He gathered together the greatest outcasts and evil warriors of Eternia® in his quest to gain entry into Castle Grayskull™ and obtain what he believes is the universe’s ultimate power source.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    That's a cool bio for him. Turns out he's He-Man's uncle.
    Yes, that's been implied since The Search For Keldor minicomic in 1987, but I think this is the first time it's been explicitly made canonical. What is new (and weird) is the "Demo-Man" aspect of the bio. (Presumably that's meant to be pronounced Deemo-Man (like Demon) since Demo-Man sounds like the Evil Master of Giving Demonstrations.)

I love that they're doing the MOTU Classics line, but I wish they hadn't cancelled the awesome Staction line of the far more interesting (and somewhat more obscure) characters in order to do it. I probably won't be buying the Classics toys until they start producing figures for some of the more unusual post 1981 toy characters and Princess of Power toys. It's the same reason I haven't bought any of the Transformers Classics yet except Overkill - I don't feel I need any more toys of overexposed characters.

To sum up, it's good that they're doing things like this:

But I wish it hadn't meant they stopped doing things like this:

Mortally wounded in battle with his half-brother Captain Randor™, Keldor™ turned to his dark-arts master Hordak™ to save his life. Merging Keldor™ with the extra-dimensional being Demo-Man™ from Despondos™, Keldor™ was forever changed into Skeletor®, Overlord of Evil™! He gathered together the greatest outcasts and evil warriors of Eternia® in his quest to gain entry into Castle Grayskull™ and obtain what he believes is the universe’s ultimate power source.
    That's a lot of ™s in that bio!

Skyshadow, I remember seeing a lot of obscure MOTU characters get what looked like new toys but I thought they were statues. Were they action figures?

I'd like a more modern She-Ra toy to go with my 2000-Animated He-Man figure but I hear she was an exclusive or something so I've never really looked too hard.

(I was really just a MOTU fan because of the mini-comics my cousin who did collect MOTU toys gave me because he didn't want them.)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Skyshadow, I remember seeing a lot of obscure MOTU characters get what looked like new toys but I thought they were statues. Were they action figures?
    Yes, that's them - they were called 'stactions' because Four Horsemen/NECA became licenced to only do statues and not action figures they were stationary action figures with accessories:

They're the best three-dimensional things MOTU has ever done.

Yeah that's them. I remember seeing them in the comic shops and they did look really good, especially compared to the original He-Man figures.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

I'd like a more modern She-Ra toy to go with my 2000-Animated He-Man figure but I hear she was an exclusive or something
    She's an SDCC Exclusive. Pretty pricey on the secondary market (usually around $80) but I scored mine from Zippo not two weeks ago at a much cheaper price than that.

Sky Shadow are they yours??? I'd kill for a Sorceress.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Yes, that's been implied since The Search For Keldor minicomic in 1987, but I think this is the first time it's been explicitly made canonical.
    Yeah, Mattel have stated that the Classics are combining ALL the origin stories in these bios. Personally, I never liked the Keldor story - I prefer Skeletor's original comic origins - he was from another dimension populated by "others of his kind"! The Keldor story is too much like Darth Vader being Luke's Dad!

I love that they're doing the MOTU Classics line, but I wish they hadn't cancelled the awesome Staction line
    Yeah, I can understand that. But they are actually going to be working their way through ALL the MOTU lines... so we'll be getting new POP, 2002 MOTU and even He-man figures eventually! I think the only ones they can't make are characters that Filmation created (that never had a toy in the 80s) or those that were in the original Movie!

I'd like a more modern She-Ra toy to go with my 2000-Animated He-Man figure but I hear she was an exclusive or something so I've never really looked too hard.
    Yeah it was an SDCC exclisive.

I probably won't be buying the Classics toys until they start producing figures for some of the more unusual post 1981 toy characters and Princess of Power toys.
    The good news is they've already announced that they'll be making POP figures by 2011 - basically the Classics line will have 12 figures released a year (monthly), and they're working their way through many fan favourites!

they were called 'stactions' because Four Horsemen/NECA became licenced to only do statues and not action figures they were stationary action figures with accessories
    They're the best three-dimensional things MOTU has ever done.
    Yeah, the Stactions were great! I thought the 2002+ line was the best, but I gotta say - holding the MOTU CLassics He-man figure in my hands - it really blows all the others out of the water! I found some of the 2002 line were too OVER-exaggerated (proportionally) for my liking!