Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Star Wars midnight toy launch Sept 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    Pre ordered but hope to they re stock locally cause the exchange rate will be a killer
    yeah, i hear ya. On the plus side, got the lot with Captain Phasma order without waiting for local release and scalpers

Went in to my local TRU today to check out the new SW stock, about a year ago I picked up some extendable light sabres (Obi and Vadar) for the kids to have some fun with, anyway noticed that they released Luke's light sabre as part of the new merch so thought that would be cool to pick up, but when I extended it I found out that it's actually 10cm shorter then the two I already have... Why?... Seriously why?, I know I may be a bit OCD but what was the point of making the new sabres shorter?, they look like daggers now not swords
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I was at Force Friday here... the heads of Hasbro Asia and Toys R Us Asia both attended the event but never bothered to mingle with us - there were 300 people at the VIP event with mocktails, Darth Vader, Imperial guards, storm troopers, etc and loads of prizes if you could speak Cantonese.
    We were given a free VIP goodie bag which included a hot wheels Star Wars car, Star Wars notebook, plastic folder, Star Wars lego coaster, R2-D2 keychain and a sticker.
    We were taken down to the store and allowed in in lots of 50 at 5 minute intervals. I was in the 3rd wave to have access to the store. The light sabers had all but sold out. The staff couldn't restock the black series or the smaller figures onto the shelves quick enough. I wanted a Captain Phasma and couldn't find her on the pegs. Noticed a shopping trolley full of the same series with 2 guys digging through it and noticed one of the guys had a toys r us shopping bag with a Captain Phasma sticking out to which I commented "wow! where did you find that? It's the only figure I'm after in this range." The guy looked at me sheepishly and said "If I give you this one will you go away?" I then looked back at his shopping bag and realised it was absolutely FULL of Captain Phasma figures, sighed and said "yah". Ironically the head of Toys R Us was right there and did nothing about it but at least I got the one figure I wanted.

I ended up spending enough to be given a second goody bag from hasbro (but nowhere near enough to claim the Lego goody bag). Inside the Hasbro goody bag was a black series slave Leia, an At-At driver figure and a Darth Vader voice changer mask.

It was also interesting to note that for the first time Toys R Us Hong Kong was selling Hot Toys figures (and allowing pre-order for Hot Toys figures as well). I have no idea how the prices compare to normal but I anticipate them to be more expensive.

It was a fun night... not as disorganised at the Transformers event... but they didn't have the exclusive goodies that Transformers did... no limited edition figures or gold plated figures as prizes or anything.
    I can post photos if people are interested but won't bore everyone otherwise. (or you can go look on my twitter feed where I posted live)
    What a great event!! A bit dodgy with the bloke and the bag of what must be going to be a very hot item. Great freebie bags too
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Does anyone know when TRU will restock? Looking forward to getting a few First Order Troopers!

I'd go to Zing but they're $48 there

Quote Originally Posted by XMan View Post
    Does anyone know when TRU will restock? Looking forward to getting a few First Order Troopers!

I'd go to Zing but they're $48 there
    What kind of scalping BS is that?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Opportunistic capitalism
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    And it's right next door to my local TRU.

Happy ending though, ask an employee at Toys R Us when they'd restock, he went to make a call and came back with two troopers that had been put on hold but never picked up. I took one and gave the other to a younger couple who were also after one.