Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 Walmart Gen1 reissue fan vote

Edit by griffin...
    Hasbro announced a fan vote on facebook and instagram with two rounds - Perceptor Vs Astrotrain and Thundercracker Vs Skywarp. The winner of those two pairs will then face off to give us the reissue that will come out in the first quarter of 2020 (our Autumn).
    Voting seems to be very short and rushed, with just a matter of days for each vote... as if they need to suddenly start production 15 months before it gets released (March-April 2020).
    It is also odd to have it appear that there will be just the one reissue, over a year later (maybe there will be others released with this one, and this is just Hasbro's way of making us feel like we have a say in what gets released).

It was so short, the three voting rounds are already over.
    Astrotrain defeated Perceptor, and Skywarp defeated Thundercracker... with Astrotrain defeating Skywarp in the final, to be our 2020 reissue toy.
    I just don't get the urgency... is the social media attention span of people these days so short that a fan-vote can't go for more than a day?
    By the time some people find out about it, some of the rounds, or the entire thing, is already over. There was no advance notice, and it was over in just 3-4 days... and there is no event in the next week that needed this announcement, and it won't be produced in the factory until after June next year, so why do this in such a hurry this week?

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'm actually more annoyed that they are making fans vote choose between Skywarp and Thundercracker, preventing people from having the three Seekers (for those who are new to the original series toys and just got Starscream earlier this year). It would be like being asked to choose between two children (if you had two or more)... Starscream needs both of his wingmen.
    Easy choice. Skywarp over Thundercracker.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I just don't get the urgency... is the social media attention span of people these days so short that a fan-vote can't go for more than a day?
    By the time some people find out about it, some of the rounds, or the entire thing, is already over. There was no advance notice, and it was over in just 3-4 days... and there is no event in the next week that needed this announcement, and it won't be produced in the factory until after June next year, so why do this in such a hurry this week?
    If I was to read between the lines, the whole thing was geared towards following the "Hasbropulse" instagram account.

I'm guessing a KPI for the marketing/social team in Hasbro was to get X number of followers to that account. This was a quick way to boost their numbers before the end of year.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Generation_1_reissues

We'll only be getting more of what we've had before.
    Good for those of us who haven't had the chance to purchase them during their original runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Generation_1_reissues

We'll only be getting more of what we've had before.
    It's disappointing that neither Takara nor Hasbro ever reissued the deluxe G1 Headmasters. Surely, they haven't lost all the molds, and KOs haven't been able to satiate the demand. I'd buy 2 of each of those at a heartbeat.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!