Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Wizards of the Coast Transformers card game

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Some people have been complained about the smaller character card size and saying the should of been the same size As previous but then your combined form will be massive.
    For me, I think the main complaint is that the original character cards should have been this size to begin with.

Then they'd all match and unfolding makes the combiner bigger, as it should be.

Hoping beyond hope that Abominus is in this set.

The second of six combiners has been officially revealed - Dinobots, using the Dinobot enigma, to form Volcanicus (using the concept, names and appearance from POTP).
    The Combiners wave of cards will be released March 1st (globally).

With only four more combiners to be included, who are they likely to be?
    Devastator is out, as these require five cards/characters... which is likely to rule out the Seacons too (to be fair, even though they fit the formula, there would be complaints if one was left out... but it would be a novel gaming option to have a sub for the team, but the combined art on the back of the cards would only allow for one character slot (limb) to be subbed out).
    That leaves Defensor, Superion, Menasor, Bruticus, Computron and Abominus of the original series combiners. My guess is the first four.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The second of six combiners has been officially revealed - Dinobots, using the Dinobot enigma, to form Volcanicus (using the concept, names and appearance from POTP).
    The Combiners wave of cards will be released March 1st (globally).

Devastator is out, as these require five cards/characters... which is likely to rule out the Seacons too (to be fair, even though they fit the formula, there would be complaints if one was left out... but it would be a novel gaming option to have a sub for the team, but the combined art on the back of the cards would only allow for one character slot (limb) to be subbed out).
    That leaves Defensor, Superion, Menasor, Bruticus, Computron and Abominus of the original series combiners. My guess is the first four.
    Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Hoping beyond hope that Abominus is in this set.
    It’s a shame the did Volcanicus - never liked the Dinobots as combiners but given Predaking and V were opponents in last years online cartoon I guess it makes sense.

I reckon this will also mean Abominus will be one of the four still to be announced as those were the most recent combiner team toys to be released

I would much prefer to have seen characters who weren't in wave one rather than an entire new set of Dinobots.

I missed the announcement where they said there would be 6 combiners?

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    It’s a shame the did Volcanicus - never liked the Dinobots as combiners but given Predaking and V were opponents in last years online cartoon I guess it makes sense.

I reckon this will also mean Abominus will be one of the four still to be announced as those were the most recent combiner team toys to be released
    Fingers are crossed for Abominus. Maybe being part of the same wave as Volcanicus and Predaking will help?

Still, all artwork of the individual components have been taken from the legends mobile card game and the Protectobots, Combaticons, Stunticons and Aerialbots, all have multiple card art to choose from. Not all of the Technobots got a card, and some of the Terrorcons only got one card... so while possible, given that they normally pair against the Technobots, this might rule them out?

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    I missed the announcement where they said there would be 6 combiners?

TFW mentioned it on both their Predaking reveal and Volcanicus reveal... but I haven't found it mentioned on any original source link yet.

There are only 46 cards in this new series, but that's enough for 9 teams (45)... plus Windblade, which was also revealed... but I would imagine that there would be other new, non-combiner characters in the new series.

The third team has been revealed - Stunticons... who form Menasor.
    Unfortunately for the Gen1 fans, the team is made up of the original Combiner Wars team, which has Offroad in place of Wildrider.... probably because they needed to use the Combiner Wars Menasor art, which forced them to use Offroad in this team as well.

Booo.

I wonder how long it will be before we see original art for this game?

I don't know if we ever will. Between cancelled apps and package art and such, the character cards may well never use original art.

I wonder how long til we'll see battle card art taken from the new Ruckley book!

Devastator is out, as these require five cards/characters... which is likely to rule out the Seacons too

Looks like Devastator is a likely option then, as the fourth team has been revealed - Optimus Maximus (the white Combiner Wars Optimus, with Deluxe Ironhide, Prowl, Sunstreaker and Mirage, plus the Hotrod chest-bot to make it a six member combiner).
    That leaves two combiners left (if the six team detail is true), which I now think will be Devastator, and Superion.
    Then you'd have Predaking Vs Volcanicus, Superion Vs Menasor, Devastator Vs Optmus Maximus.