Page 429 of 481 FirstFirst ... 409419424425426427428429430431432433434439449 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,290 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Update: Still wouldn't start this morning. My friend was coming in 2 hours to help me tow it back. Called the hire place - twice - they send someone out to look the mulcher. Turns out there was a kill switch that NO ONE HAD MENTIONED IN ABOUT 8 DIFFERENT CONVERSATIONS OVER 2 DAYS. Cleared it, starts straight away. Job finished half an hour later.

On the positive side, they only charged me the 4 hour rate, rather than the 24 hour rate (despite me having it for about 28hours). All's well that ends well.

My vent for today - there is no part of me that doesn't hurt when I move.
    That is good to hear that it ended well.

Stupid tax man.....

Finally did mine last night... Yet another 3k owed due to salary sacrificing at the last job :-(

But up side.... Hecs debt will be gone! 500 a month more to spend on toys :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Stupid tax man.....

Finally did mine last night... Yet another 3k owed due to salary sacrificing at the last job :-(

Funny, I went to do mine yesterday and apparently owe them $50. So now I'm going with an agent to help me out

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Funny, I went to do mine yesterday and apparently owe them $50. So now I'm going with an agent to help me out
    Yeah mine can't be agented out....

When you get salary sacrifice or something, if you get 9k sacrificed, it looks like 18k.... "what you would need to earn to get the 9k"

Problem is the Tax man doesn't look at that... but the HECS man does.

So you put away 4% for HECS debt automatically, then HECS man comes along and goes "Hey there, you should have put away 6%.... GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!"

Is it too late to enter me in the cup? I'd be a sure thing because I think I've got the most full-on runs in the country 😖

Seriously, we've had TW0 different colds AND gastro run through our family in the last 10 days! We've all been so sick. Kids vomiting every night and it's a novel (and unpleasant) experience to be blowing your nose while stuck on the toilet for half an hour 🤒

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post

Don't forget to tell your employer to stop putting aside extra for HECS. Unless you'd like a 6k payday this time next year

I paid off hecs a few years ago and actually started getting decent money back at tax time, this year it looks like I'll be lucky to break even

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Don't forget to tell your employer to stop putting aside extra for HECS. Unless you'd like a 6k payday this time next year

I paid off hecs a few years ago and actually started getting decent money back at tax time, this year it looks like I'll be lucky to break even
    Yeah thinking of keeping it where it is for a while.... Birthdays in Oct, Dec, Jan X 2 and feb.... Plus Xmas

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post

Means your payroll guy is better. The closer you are to even means you have more money each week. But they should strive to have a small refund as no one likes to pay extra, but to get a bit instead.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Find it really annoying when you plan a big BBQ and people cancel that morning - my wife had just started making a big extra salad as she thought we wouldn't have enough food.

Either cancel 24 hours in advance or come but don't dick people about when they are catering for you

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Man, that sucks, I would have totally gone if you lived in civilisation. A bbq at someone's house is totally rad. Haven't been to one in years.

No really, that is the height of rudeness. At least you know who not to bother with anymore.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------