Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162131 ... LastLast

Thread: model building

I don't usually light up my models mainly because getting access to change the battery may be difficult after everything is assembled. For some models once the body goes on it's not coming off. I'm sure there are ways to do it like making access panels and the like, but if a headlight blows for example it's almost impossible to replace.

Found some new wheels for my F12. Had to grind the mounting posts and PE brake discs with a dremel but it now fits.

looking sweet dude. i wish i still had my dremel. i dropped it a few weeks ago and it's stuffed. by the way where do you get your PE from?

Usually HLJ. Sometimes Mediamixhobby.com or BNAModelworld.com.

i've brought off that bnamodel before but on his ebay page. really quick and cheap delivery and the prices for stuff are the lowest i've seen. i will be buying most of my supplies and PE stuff through him.

ok started the airbrushing and i've done the base coat for the camo on the MIG-29 fulcrum. the only thing i have noticed is that all the defects you could hide when you brushed painted show up clear as day with the airbrushing.here are a couple of pic's of the work in progress.

Prep is so important. A good primer allows you to find all the flaws and makes the top coats adhere. Also stops paint from lifting when you have to mask off an area.

how long do you let it sit between coats? and if you find flaws in the model do you reapply another primer coat after fixing it?

Lacquer primer like the Tamiya spray can stuff dries pretty fast. I'm sure it's pretty warm where you are so you can probably sand it after an hour.
    Sand, prime, sand, prime, sand, and so on until it's to your satisfaction. You can locally spray or even brush on primer to fix small flaws then spray the whole thing when it's perfect.

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I found Tamiya acrylics adhere to plastic well, even without a primer. As long as you let it dry for about 12 hours, it'll happily take tamiya making tape without peeling. Good quality making tape is important as the cheap stuff can leave residue.