Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: model building

Rei figure finished and I seem to have a thing for Ferraris at the moment.

she looking great gamblor ... how you do the eyes?

Luckily the eyes are decals as is the logo on her skirt. Everything else needs paint.

been working on this for the last week while we have had no internet. this is the first time i've used PE so much and it's a steep learning curve but it's been fun. also none of the superstructure is glued down yet.

here are a couple more warships that i've done in the last week while it's been raining. they came in a value 2 pack from dragon in the 1/700 scale. for that scale they are pretty well detailed but some of the parts are so small.i still need to do 1 or 2 touch ups with the destroyer and finish the helicopters and airraft that came with them.

finished a bit of the railings on the superstructure. that PE stuff is fiddly to use but it makes them look so much better.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Have you tried investing in an airbrush? It will really give you and edge on your work. I am only saying this because you are a keen builder and its probably worth investing in one of those.

i've actually been thinking of getting 1 of them.they do make the paint job so much better. so i'll hopefully have 1 soon but i've never used 1 before but i'm a quick learner and there's youtube. i was checking out the compressors the other day at bunnings.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It won't be too hard however there are different types of airbrush and you need to know which one is the most comfortable you are with. I prefer the old syphon feed with the bottle below than gravity feed type.

Again is subjective but give it a go. You can get cheap air compressor from Ebay under $100 delivered.

Finally managed to find some existing photos of some of my kits to upload. It's a pretty good snap shot of a long period of modelling. The quality of the camera/s haven't been that great either... for example the Crusader below is actually British desert stone, not pink! Though the poor resolution hides much of the poor build and finishing!

1/72 Jindivik

1/700 HMAS Brisbane

1/700 HMAS Canberra

1/72 Mercedes Diorama

1/144 F-14

1/72 Crusader

1/72 MD500

1/72 Huey Cobra

1/72 Recon nosed Mirage

1/35 M113 FSV