Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gen1 cartoon concept drawings by Floro Dery have surfaced

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Some nice stuff there, but I particularly like the earlier, not cleaned up, versions of Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge looking like they actually are made from the parts of destroyed Decepticons.
    I friggin' agree 100%! - Man do they look cool!

Although Primus has a pretty sweet sword, he should probably hit the gym before facing off with Unicron

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Seibertron has just compiled a bunch of Floro's art work.

Enjoy

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...e-heavy/28788/
    For anyone who hasn't had a look through that link above yet, do it!

Then when you're done being amazed for about half an hour or so, four more concept artworks have surfaced for sale by Floro Dery and were also mirrored here... including one that relates to an Autobot combiner called the Anibots - an early draft of the 1986 movie had the "Predacons" as Autobots, that would merge into a dragon beast instead of a giant bot.
    The wiki link goes into some detail of their role in the battle of Autobot City in an early script draft.

• Clump the rhinoceros
    • Pardo the leopard
    • Shriek the eagle
    • Simba the lion
    • Thump the buffalo

The Anibots merge to form the giant, lightning-breathing "mechano-beast" known as Dragon Beast.
    It's unknown if this was something too ambitious, or later scaled back to the standard combiner form that ended up being Predaking, but the original idea suggests that it not only combined into a Dragon beast, but could also transform into a spaceship and Hydra.

They combine to become the 'Mechano-Beast'. This is the end of the three versions. The 1st version looks like a monster with outer spiketail structure & transforms a second time to an alien spaceship. The 3rd version is a 'Hydra' with five heads. The 'Mechano-Beast' in simplified form.
    Following this recent revelation,I can see an eventual redeco set of the Predacons being done as Autobots with those names.

While on the topic of one of the earliest draft scripts, check out Jim Sorenson's blog for a copy and some excerpts. It was written by April 27 1985, which is not long after Transformers began.... and about 15 months before the movie ended up screening in cinemas in America (it was even several months before I even got my first Transformers toy).
    Its amazing how much it changed from that draft to the finished film.

Something I only just picked up on, answers the question of how many moons Cybertron had - 5 is noted by Floro Dery on a few occasions in his concept work, which may not make it official, but would suggest that Cybertron was meant to have 5 moons in the original cartoon and Movie.