Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Toy Fair event: pictures of upcoming toys (including Movie Spoilers)

Woke up full of excitement to look through the pics from Toy Fair, saw a AOE bumblebee and my hope instantly dropped

looking through all the pics very VERY few AOE generations figures appeal to me at all, but I may still try and get a few (assuming they get released over here) Evasion mode Optimus is a little weird but kinda nice, most other seem a little skinny and kibbly, and I'm kinda sad crosshairs can't flip down his goggles, also what is up with Hound's accordion arms?

The main line AOE stuff doesn't appeal to me at all.

The Kre-O/Kreon stuff is as nice as always, but who are these new combiners meant to be?

Construct-bots don't really interest me, but I've gotta say, their dinobots look better than the main line ones haha

Looking at the non-AOE generations stuff, it all looks really nice, I LOOOOVE that rattrap, looks way better than what we saw from the Collectors Club magazine reveal, Tankor still looks a little weird, but nice, Jihaxus looks nice, strange that Nightbeat isn't shown even though they confirmed he is a goldfire repaint instead of a Jazz repaint. Wingblade looks a little weird (and mistransformed) but kinda nice, wasn't expecting her jet mode to be quite so black. Skybyte's head seems a little large and his chest looks mistranformed but he still seems cool, Jetfrie is HUGE and looks great in robot mode, but I worry about his transformation. Roadbuster's robot mode doesn't appeal to me all that much but I absolutely LOVE his vehicle mode.

and it's good to see that Tailgate and Skrapnel still seem to be coming too.

doesn't beat last years reveals but there were a few nice things and surprises here.

Nightbeat is better than expected and a retool of the the Bumblebee/Goldfire mould rather than Jazz (which was Photoshopped a few weeks back):

TFW2005 have started posting official Hasbro pics of the Generations figures, including Nightbeat (Bumblebee/Goldbug redo).

Roadbuster looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Roadbuster and Sky-Byte look nicely done, especially Roadbuster, but I have yet to see them in any fiction I've read or seen, so pass for me for now.
    Roadbuster shows up a little in All Hail Megatron, Last Stand of the Wreckers and some Spotlight's. Sky-Byte shows up in various issues of Robots in Disguise.

Looking at some of Hasbro's stock images I just realised that AOE Hound looks like a US Special Forces operator.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Would be cool if MP Grimlock v2 made it to TRU here!

Jetfire looks absolutely stunning. I was worried for a moment, because I thought he wouldn't have a second, more cartoony face/head, but wow.

Nightbeat looks AMAZING as well, better than I expected. Gears looks nice (was hoping he'd be his own mould, but this one suits fine) and Acid Storm I'm on the fence about, not sure if I honestly care about him that much.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Just realised, still no pics of Generations Arcee and Chromia?

I like the AoE Dinobots in the larger sizes, colours are awesome, hope they are those lovely blues and purples in the actual movie.

Generations looks mostly great, Jhiaxus is not as different colourwise as I was expecting and Roadbuster is brilliant. Skybyte is better than I expected, but the curved shark mode will be a pain to display in shark mode. Nightbeat is much better as a Bumblebee repaint, from the early pics, it'll easily be my favourite of the mold. The better pics of Windblade do not impress me, that is alot of wings hanging off her arms and some too noticeably large gaps in her jet mode where the legs fold up. Feels like by going for a different style transformation, which is good to see them attempt, they botched everything about the toy design.

Minifig Kreons are awesome, but the playsets look sparse and the combiners lack something without having toys/characters that we care about in them.

If all of these lines actually get released here, or abroad I will be surprised, hopefully the Dinobots are all part of wave 1, a they look chunky and less movie styled enough to get as opposed to yet another Prime and Bumblebee.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    The Kre-O/Kreon stuff is as nice as always, but who are these new combiners meant to be?
    The white one looks like a repaint of Piranicon that was released for Beast Wars Neo called God Neptune, and the other is based off the PCC combiner Grimstone.