Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Toy Fair event: pictures of upcoming toys (including Movie Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Just realised, still no pics of Generations Arcee and Chromia?
    A bit worrying when their wave is supposed to arrive in a few weeks.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

After two hours of note-taking, that's a lot of product for this year.
    And now the official product images are being posted up too, to save.

Heaps of kids stuff this time, which we knew about... so it might make it better for us older fans, in that "our" figures shouldn't be ruined by gimmicks, and that there will be less for us to choose between to buy if they just do one or two "premium" cast character toys as "Generations Movie" toys.

The gimmick stuff though will leave parents with more to have to work out which one to choose for their youngen. One-step, Stomp & Chomp, Flip & Change, Quickdraw, Spin Attack, Race & Spark, and non-convertible figures.... in addition to the "Generations", Construct Bots and Kreo Movie product.

Too bad for those trying to avoid movie spoilers, as the non-movie stuff is so interwoven with the movie displays and photos... it's almost impossible to go to a link without seeing some Movie characters.

Nice to see another wave of Microchangers (but only 6 are named, and I could only work out 1 of the others), and another 4 Combiners (which are all unique characters now... after all nine of the early Gen1 combiners were done).
    Good to see the Generations Legends on display - it means they are still available to all Retailers... and I hope they are at our Toyfair as well, so I can harass the local retailers to get them.
    Roadbuster and Sky Byte look okay, but have their flaws. I'm not liking the random shiny parts on Jetfire, and would have preferred a Skyfire design to be honest. This mutated form of the two doesn't look right in either toy or cartoon sense.... but is likely to be Hasbro's way of giving the finger to Harmony Gold by maintaining the toy aesthetics instead of the comic/cartoon look of the character.
    (which actually goes against my usual policy of going with toy versions if there is conflict between toy and story - like Rumble & Frenzy)

The 3rd size of Construct-Bots (Dinobot Warriors class - not the ones found in Adelaide yesterday), have the smaller Dinobot beast be pulled apart and become the armour of the larger figure in the box... a bit like Optimus & Jetfire in the 2nd Movie. And it looked like a single 4th size class on display as well... which could be very expensive here based on the prices of the smaller classes.

At least the Movie toys in "Generations" is just a sticker on the window... so that Generations fans can still ignore them as not being part of the "real" Generations line. (provided that the real Generations toys aren't just the same packaging)

Not surprised by this year's theme, but I'm not happy that MP Grimlock is being reissued, in what looks to be identical to the previous Hasbro release. I might just see if I can buy the box from someone who gets the toy... as it will go with the set of MP boxes, without having to buy an identical toy.
    Between the movie Dinos, MP Grimlock, the Kreo Grimstone combiner and the Rescue Bots Dinos, I'm really feeling hopeful that TakaraTomy pulls out some Dinobot Reissues this year.

At least we now know who the white cab-truck and black/grey cab-truck are that we saw on the film shoots... but those name details are for the Movie section.

Finally(?) an official Deaths Head toy that looks much like the version in the original Transformers (UK) comic.
    Might be worth buying, yes?

I like what they've done with construct a bots. The one step stuff is amusing, with the flick transformation reminding me of a butterfly knife

I got to say I was worried with what was coming out, but have ended up pretty damn happy

Kreo Microchangers wave 5.

Looking between the two major sites, neither one took pics of the sides of the box, which would have had all 12 names (only 6 are on the front of the box).
    Seibertron noted names from the presentation, and since some are really weird, or written down wrong, I was seeing if we could pair up the other six.
    (or, if you know of a site that took pics of the box sides, let us know)

The names on the front of the box - Fangwolf, Nightbeat, Trypticon, Mindwipe, Torosaur, Jetwash.
    Names from the presentation - Jarugar, Skarpnel, Hawk, Wingspan, Highbrow, Misfire.

From this photo at TFW, we have at the back, left to right...

Jetwash (new character?)
    Fangwolf (Weirdwolf? - chest detail makes me think of SkyByte though)
    Trypticon (Gen1... with a robot mode)
    ? Jarugar (JP Gen1 - Liokaiser)
    Torosaur (??? a fuzor?)
    Mindwipe (Gen1)

And at the front, left to right...

Nightbeat (Gen1 - looks more like Punch)
    ? Wingspan (Gen1 Clone) or Hawk (JP Gen1 Guyhawk - Liokaiser)
    ? Skarpnel (Shrapnel?)
    Highbrow (Gen1)
    ? Misfire (Gen1 - looks like an Autobot symbol on the chest though)
    ?

If two of those are indeed from Liokaiser, it could mean a future combiner being based on that set, as other combiners had "missing members" released as bagged figures.

If some of those are actually new characters, they should be doing the various iconic characters that were Kreons in the buildsets, that didn't have alt-modes. That would fill up a couple waves.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Kreo Microchangers wave 5.

Looking between the two major sites, neither one took pics of the sides of the box, which would have had all 12 names (only 6 are on the front of the box).
    Seibertron noted names from the presentation, and since some are really weird, or written down wrong, I was seeing if we could pair up the other six.
    (or, if you know of a site that took pics of the box sides, let us know)

The names on the front of the box - Fangwolf, Nightbeat, Trypticon, Mindwipe, Torosaur, Jetwash.
    Names from the presentation - Jarugar, Skarpnel, Hawk, Wingspan, Highbrow, Misfire.

From this photo at TFW, we have at the back, left to right...

Jetwash (new character?)
    Looks like Jetfire with the chest in the top left and the 2 red things in alt mode.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    the dinosaurs from Deluxe-size up look good, and I love that they look like knights in robot mode.
    The best thing is that because of their 'helmets' they don't suffer from movie-face and actually look like they could be from one of the aesthetically-pleasing Bayless Transformers franchises.

Roadbuster looks much better than I was expecting - I was going to pass on him before but now if I find one for a reasonable price I'll nab it.
    Sky-byte is...disappointing. I'll stick to the CR version I already have.
    Quite liking the look of Nightbeat.
    Windblade seems like she needs a little more red colour-wise, and I'm not totally sure about the wings in robot mode. Hoping the toy looks better in person than the pics show so far.

Really want to see pics of the rumoured Voyager Brainstorm.

The AoE stuff looks better than I thought it would. I'm not a Movieverse fan so a lot of it is still a pass for me, but going by the images they've toned down the fiddly/overly-complicated transformation style in favour of a more 'solid' aesthetic.
    Would love to see some Decepticon repaints/remolds of the Dinobots.

Interesting pics overall and it's always exciting to see new TF product. However nothing really of interest for me but that's ok.

I'm a collector in his late 30's. Those aren't really 'my' Dinobots. Great for the kids and I could imagine this will garner a ton of interest from the 8 year olds. That's a positive thing for the brand as a whole. We still get some great generations stuff; jetfire alone is a wonderful surprise.

Seeing these hasbro reveals really reinforces my stance at the moment. I will continue to focus squarely on MP, whatever chug pops up, and third party. Plenty of stuff to keep me very interested there kind of nice in a way not having to overextend and worry over all this other product