6 20.00%
  • Don't buy it

1 3.33%
  • Doesn't interst me

4 13.33%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: 2010_001 ROTF Lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP
    On second thoughts, the Animated one looks nicer in my opinion.
    Yeah but Animated Lockdown has several flaws like limited articulation and the legs pop off if you look at them wrong.

I'm undecided as to whether or not to get this toy. As nice as it looks I've decided to cut down on buying movie-verse toys that don't actually appear in the films... unless the toy happens to appeal to me enough. Meh. I think I'll make my decision once I see this toy for myself IRL.

I don't like his face. Ironically I prefer the head of the Animated one - They should have adapted that into movie as Animated Lockdown had a pretty distinctive head and this one looks somwhat generic.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah but Animated Lockdown has several flaws like limited articulation and the legs pop off if you look at them wrong.
    LOL... I know what you mean, but the same can be said for most 'modern' Transformers with ball joints. I understand why they do (have them), but would prefer having a figure with limited movement instead of having arms and legs popping off every two seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I don't like his face. Ironically I prefer the head of the Animated one.
    Agreed
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

woo wow - replies! Cool! I am excited seeing discussion about this toy - The excitement has me buzzing too!

Funny you should say that!
    One of the 'good' things I really like about this lockdown is that first few times you transform him, you might do just that - ie pop his arms off - BUT once you've figured out where everything goes and how the joints work during transformation, BAM- nothing ever seems to pop out every again

So there's the practicality of safety - but once you've learned how to do it right - with the right turns and twists, one can appreciate the engineering behind it too!!! Kinda like Universe Prowl! I thought it was infuriating how his doors kept falling off, but once you learn when to move the doors and how to fold it, BINGO - easy job with no poppin' parts! (That said, the doors fell off waaaaaay more than ROTF Lockdowns balljoints)

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I don't like his face. Ironically I prefer the head of the Animated one - They should have adapted that into movie as Animated Lockdown had a pretty distinctive head and this one looks somwhat generic.
    I know what you mean about the Animated one having a distinctive one - but this preview art I found of the toy gave me a greater appreciation:

And once you see the neck joint in action - damn - that's a nice piece of engineering!

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

LOL... I know what you mean, but the same can be said for most 'modern' Transformers with ball joints. I understand why they do (have them), but would prefer having a figure with limited movement instead of having arms and legs popping off every two seconds.
    Not really. I find most Transformers with ball-and-socket joints hold together reasonably well. Of course they'll pop off if you pull them off, but otherwise they're fairly secure. There were a _few_ Transformers in the mid-90s whose limbs would easily pop off, but they were definitely a minority. The vast majority of ball-socket jointed Transformers were pretty good. I haven't seen a Transformer with such flimsy ball-socket jointed limbs since Basic Optimus Primal, but that toy came out fourteen years ago when ball-socket joints were still a relatively new innovation for Transformers, whereas Animated Lockdown came out in 2008... what's his excuse? :/ At least Bat Primal has 9 points of articulation; Animated Lockdown only has 7 (and yet he's sold at the more expensive Deluxe price point). Bat Primal can bend his knees whereas Lockdown has to walk around with a Nazi goose step! zAMG*!!

-----------
    *zAch Mein Gott (in Himmel)!!eins!1~

Nice review Lcz, he looks pretty kick ass!!

any chance of seeing him next to some universe figures to see what he looks like next to them, you know you want to

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    Nice review Lcz, he looks pretty kick ass!!

any chance of seeing him next to some universe figures to see what he looks like next to them, you know you want to
    Ask and ye shall receive!!!!

He's a little more henkeified already - so here we go - Henkei Rockdown with (customLoopy) Sideswipe and Henkei Starscream:

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

I haven't seen a Transformer with such flimsy ball-socket jointed limbs since Basic Optimus Primal, but that toy came out fourteen years ago when ball-socket joints were still a relatively new innovation for Transformers, whereas Animated Lockdown came out in 2008... what's his excuse? :/

What about Classics Galvatron (legs), the hip plate on MP Megs, most of the Cybertron and ROTF legend class toys. There hasn't been much advancement in technology with ball-socket joints aside from the types of plastics used, because they are just a 'ball-in-a-socket'. If your balls are too small for your socket, they are bound to pop out every once and a while Just make sure it doesn't happen in public
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

What about Classics Galvatron (legs), the hip plate on MP Megs, most of the Cybertron and ROTF legend class toys
    You're right about those popping off easily (I dunno about the ROTF Legends though, but admittedly I only have a select few; but none of mine suffer from ball jointed limbs that pop off easily), but I find that they're still more of the exception rather than the rule among all the ball jointed Transformers we've had these past 15 years. Secondly none of those are as bad as Animated Lockdown. The examples you've cited are more like the ball-joints on the doors of Universe Prowl -- they pop off easily during transformation, but otherwise remain secure most other times (e.g.: toy play). Animated Lockdown on the otherhand -- I _cannot_ play with this toy without the legs falling off. (unless I take really super great care as if it were made from brittle glass, which just takes out a lot of the fun out of playing with toys :/)

There hasn't been much advancement in technology with ball-socket joints aside from the types of plastics used, because they are just a 'ball-in-a-socket'. If your balls are too small for your socket, they are bound to pop out every once and a while
    I still find have big enough balls.

Just make sure it doesn't happen in public
    look... it was cold okay.

Thanks Lcz you da man!