Thread: Star Wars Force Awakens (Dec 17th) Official Trailers & links

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Star Wars Force Awakens (Dec 17th) Official Trailers & links

Australian release date - December 17th 2015.
    USA release date - December 16th 2015.

Official website - Facebook

Trailers...

Official Trailer #1 - November 2014

Official Trailer #2 - April 2015

Official Trailer #3 - August 2015

Official Trailer #4 - October 2015

Post up links to new trailers and teasers here.
    Last edited by griffin; 20th October 2015 at 10:37 PM.

I'm sure you've all seen the new trailer by now.

It's just occurred to me that Captain Phasma's armour is meant to be chrome. I guess spending so much time staring at the Hasbro toy, I got to thinking that it's meant to be dull grey.

It's probably just me, but that latest trailer feels less exciting than the previous ones... which all seemed to get more and more exciting with each one.

It now feels more like Ep 1 with the introduction of all these new characters to set up the new trilogy... when Ep 4 pretty much threw them all and we didn't get much history or character build up before they met each other. The 4-6 trilogy was more action than drama, which seemed to be the criticism of the 1-3 trilogy, in that it was more drama than action.

It's no doubt the movie will still do very well even if it does end up having too much drama, because so did Ep 1, because it was "Star Wars" and had all the similar sights and sounds.

It's funny - after watching the latest trailer it almost feels like they are repeating episode 4 (A new hope) ... or at least the trailer felt like an abridged version with new faces (for the most part).

I'm not sure whether to be be excited or not... after this latest trailer I'm not feeling as bad that I won't be able to attend the premiere viewing for it here (I'll be on a plane)...

SPECULATION (note I haven't read any spoilers so I'm just sharing what I implied/felt from the trailer):
    After contemplating the trailer content I'm tossing about the idea that either Luke is the bad guy (but maybe I read too many of the novels in my younger years) or he's going to do an Obi-wan (there's a scene in the trailer than hints at the later...).. I really hope they don't just take the story arc of ep 4 and "re-image" it with a younger cast.

The new trailer doesn't look too bad at all, I'm not the biggest Star Wars nut in the world but I'll be going to check out this flick.

One question - how long do Wookies live? Han Solo is looking Hella old in this clip, yet Chewbacca looks the same as he did in Episode 3 when Han was prob just a bubba

Megatran Guest

Tickets have gone on sale for midnight screening.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    The new trailer doesn't look too bad at all, I'm not the biggest Star Wars nut in the world but I'll be going to check out this flick.

One question - how long do Wookies live? Han Solo is looking Hella old in this clip, yet Chewbacca looks the same as he did in Episode 3 when Han was prob just a bubba
    Chewie was 200 during ANH.... His dad was 350 at the same time...