Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Acquisitions Etiquette?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Roller wouldn't do that. He's a good boy!

You better share some of that Barbie goodness with friend D over here Melbelle!
    BLAHHHHHH

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]
    You better share some of that Barbie goodness with friend D over here Melbelle!
    Yah! I saw them in Kmart yesterday and was so tempted to buy one! It was the Christmas 2008 barbie with white dress... Nice.. then I thought to myself better don't start... okay a bit straying from topic. sowie...
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer
    The only thing I don't like seeing in the aquisition thread is when people post large amounts of the same toy. Sure, you may be keeping them to give to friends but I still think it's wrong. Give everyone a chance at getting them!
    But they _are_ giving others a chance at getting them, in fact, an improved chance because they're buying them for each other. Whenever you buy a toy you are of course depriving someone else the chance to buy that toy. So the only way to fully guarantee that someone else will have a chance to buy it is not to buy it at all for yourself.

I have no problem seeing people buy in bulk so long as each of those toys is going to a different person (and again, posting an explanation of that would help and make the poster seem less greedy). Then there are people who choose to buy in bulk just for themselves... like people who buy duplicates - one to keep sealed and another to open. Others buy triplicates - one to keep sealed, one to keep open in robot mode and another to keep open in alt mode. More so for more modes, gestalts etc. That really gets me jealous.

At the end of the day, it's toy hunting and like an actual hunt, the early bird catches the worm - and if we feel like hunting as a pack then that's okay so long as the spoils of the hunt are evenly distributed.

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel
    The thing with photos of large amounts of the same toy only instills the impression:
    "Hey look I got 10 of the new Summer 08 Barbie Dolls from X store(local retail) at a discount price! Of course they are not for me, I'm sharing with friends A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I"

Then of course all the other people from J to Z will be very jealous.
    Yeah but you can't please everyone. Welcome to consumerism. Let's just hope we never end up shooting someone else to get a toy... that's when you know you've gone waaaaay to far. Unless you're shooting a scalper, that's different. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    "Hey anyone in for a bulk or combined order for XXX"?
    I am interested in purchasing some XXX material Mel, what kinda stuff are you into?

North Melbourne-bot...?

From another perspective-

Some may choose not to post acquisitions because they feel that their single toy for the month (which is all they can afford) is insignificant compared to some members monthly hauls. I know when i first joined on here the first thing i thought of was- How do people afford all this stuff. I felt like a goober posting one score for a month.

Obviously there is nothing you can do about this because everyones situation is different. Maybe my attitude was initially that of someone who had some tall poppy syndrome. Dunno.

I do enjoy observing what everyone has collected over the month, especially the G1 items and im sure i will continue to do so. So keep em coming.

Oh and ive got around the money issue by dressing my kids in hessian bags and feeding them imitation gruel. This Christmas ive bought the boys heavily played with gobots. (JOKE)
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

i bet 20 astrolitres of energon that everyone in here has seen "Rabbit proof fence" movie

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma 13 View Post
    This Christmas ive bought the boys heavily played with gobots. (JOKE)
    At least you didn't buy them KOs!

I really agree that people should post less about defrauding stores. Some of you are behaving like Decepticons...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    But they _are_ giving others a chance at getting them, in fact, an improved chance because they're buying them for each other. Whenever you buy a toy you are of course depriving someone else the chance to buy that toy. So the only way to fully guarantee that someone else will have a chance to buy it is not to buy it at all for yourself.
    They're giving a select few the chance at getting them, not others in general. Who deserves the new toy more? Joe Bloggs who travelled 20 minutes to get to the shop or Mr Lounge Lizard who collects it off his mate at his leisure? I don't know where all this jealousy/envy talk comes from either, I simply wouldn't buy bulk as a matter of principle. Others obviously think differently and I think that's a bit sad.

Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j* View Post
    I really agree that people should post less about defrauding stores. Some of you are behaving like Decepticons...
    why? Its like a victory against over, over priced shops

plus, the person gets it cheaper!