Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unauthorised products section created

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    No. That would end up making no distinction between KOs and 3rd Parties causing even more problems.
    What? There aren't enough sections on the board already these days? I mean, we're probably just short of a Movie section, a Yamato section, a Bandai section if that's the case.

And do explain, how does lumping KOs and your so-called "3rd parties" (IE. illegal, unlicencsed, copyright stealing products) cause "even more problems"? As far as I can tell, wasn't there just a thread in the KO section glowingly talking about the headmaster KOs? Same thing as illegal products. Should we really be promoting either - given Griffin's own hesitance in creating a section for it in the first. Slap a label, whatever you want on the section, just lump them together and stop wasting sections and clogging up the board.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Just my two cents - I agree with STL. It would be easier to just have the one section for KO's / third party products because the distinction between the two is a very fine line. This would also assist in reducing the number of sections on the board.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Just my two cents - I agree with STL. It would be easier to just have the one section for KO's / third party products because the distinction between the two is a very fine line. This would also assist in reducing the number of sections on the board.
    does this include fansproject as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptic_Optic View Post
    I would so. Fans Project would be classed under 3rd Party projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptic_Optic View Post
    In my opinion yes. FansProject, iGear, Justittoys, HeadRobots etc. They all make unlicensed products that are intentionally aimed at the Transformer collector.

I'm not referring to any legalities or moralities, but the fact remains that they are not endorsed by either Hasbro or TakaraTomy which in some sense, places them in the same category as the KO makers.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

The distinction between the two continues to weaken every day. Example:

1. PP01 Faith Leader, a near exact replica of MP1, but smaller.
    2. PP03E Elegy, while containing many aspects of MP3, has different wings, colours and head. Maybe more?

Let's pretend the next release is the same colors as Thrust, but they rework the transformation to work slightly differently than Hastak's. At that point, is it still worthy of distinction from something like FansProject Defender?

Fan Projects Defender does not plagiarize a Hasbro mold.

Come on guys let not start this debate... especially in the section I'm a Moderator for (Being a mod for this section is pretty cruisy)
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

There's going to be a great divide if we keep going down this path.

Let's take the word "Authorised" and if we say HasTak have authorised TF products, then everything else falls under unauthorised including KOs.

STL is correct but so is Griffin,... Griffin makes a silent point (I think) to only purchase what HasTak offers regardless of how good some of these FanProject, iGear kits are.

So how about we have a "Unauthorised" section and have sub-categories of FanProject, iGear, KOs, etc.. that should satisfy the masses?

1. unlicensed fan items aren't all necessarily the same as counterfeits. A counterfeit is, by the very definition of the word, something "made in imitation so as to be passed off fraudulently or deceptively as genuine." (reference)
    2. as heroic_decepticon pointed out in another thread, unlicensed toys based on toys that Hasbro aren't making aren't necessarily illegal per se. Seems like a bit of a legal grey area. :/
    3. I agree with others have said - I do like how the section removes posts/threads about unlicensed fan items that otherwise clutter the board that should be about genuine licensed Transformers items.